1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GR2 summit strike.

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Bonesy, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    first two levels are good, really very big, nice steep mountains and stuff.

graphics have improved, guns and fire and explosions are better.

Live interface is better, for example, you can stop searching for games at any time to join ones it's already found.

although, why they had to put a big box in the way of the details of the found games is just daft. they are so close...

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    i've heard good things about this from some american friends, i might pick it up if it only going to be £20

3. smashed

smashed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +162
    £20...

Its £14.99 at Play :thumbsup:

4. mrmcdean

mrmcdean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Ordered mine from Play last week, cant wait !! :hiya:

5. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    What about the crash bug ?? That ubisoft have admitted they forgot to fix (Thats a surprise a bug in a ubisoft game :rotfl: )
    Does it still crash every couple of mins like GR2 ??
    Ordered mine from Play as i really enjoyed the Co op modes on GR2 - Team vs team modes on GR2 were a complete waste of time though as the spawns were right next to each other utterly pointless having big maps. Has this been fixed Bonesy ??

6. mrmcdean

mrmcdean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I enjoyed the couple of Co Op games you invited me into captain, hopefully it will be a case of more of the same but better looking when it comes out. Only 15 days to go according to Play :clap: :clap:

I read on a US forum that there have been problems with the game crashing. Hopefully this will be sorted out by the time we get it although I have my doubts, in fairness though they certainly have enough support with Live updates so fingers crossed it will be £15 well spent.

7. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    My Local game says its not tomorrow but delayed till the 26th, so what the fudge???

8. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I'm about 6 levels in now, loads of choppers, adds a good element.

haven't played online yet, so can't say about the bugs.

only had one freeze on single player though, first time I played.

9. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Well got mine yesterday from Play - Great service :smashin:
    Major problem i had was actually getting the game to work - the god damn crash bug popped up. As soon as the Red storm logo/intro finished it would pop a Red circle up saying there was a problem with my xbox please restart :mad: . You couldnt skip this bit as the xbox hadnt had time to precache it to the harddrive.
    Its the same crash bug that Ubisoft admitted to in the USA version- nice to know they kept it in for us.
    After about 7/8 trys the game finally goes pass that bit into the proper intro and then the main game.
    Gameplay - more of the same with plenty of game modes to play online, loads of very good Coop multiplayer games aswell. The menus are still poor to get round but you do get used to it. The Graphics engine looks to be the same (ie its Excellent with some of the best graphics on live) The frame rate is a little bit smoother, but still jerky - again you get use to it.
    Well worth the £15.
    Hope to see some of the Av forums guys on this ??

10. usagi13

usagi13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I have been playing this for a couple of days now.

I have just reached the City Level where the 2 downed choppers are.

One thing that struck me is that this level seems very similar to the footage of Ghost Recon 3 on the 360 that I watched.....
    I am now wondering if the GR3 on the 360 will have the same levels with a graphical make over.....

11. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Well GR3 is coming out on the xbox aswell as 360, so you could see those levels. I do think the graphics on Gr2 are superb for the old xbox - amazing what they have managed to do, cant wait to see what they can do with the 360.

12. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Aiming to pick this up Friday or Saturday, so may see you on over weekend....If your not on Halo Poo off course :D

Matt

13. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Well had some superb Coop games with 5 other friends Great fun. No lag that i could see, and the game is alot more stable than GR 2 (it doesnt kick people at random like GR 2).
    We were trying to do the single player levels in Coop - It is very hard, i think we managed to complete only 1 level.

14. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I'm also very impressed.

Got the intro lock up bug (glad its not just me, thought it may be a problem with my copy!) and on a couple of other occasions during single player games, night vision engaged itself! Most annoying when there are some hoods shooting at you in snow, in the daylight...... :eek:

One thing I hoped they would do to the game but they haven't, is add some visual recoil when firing. There is no jump of the gun and whilst it is nice to see your taget drop like a bag of spuds, you don't quite feel like you are firing an assault rifle like you do in RS3...

I'm up for some co-op on live over the weekend if i get time. I'll keep an eye out......

15. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Humm... phoned up local Blockbuster (easiest place for me to pick one up after work) and woman was in hurry on phone tried to give her my name so she could reserve and she said Ok Ok before i'd even given her my name. She only had 2 left so the sh*ts gonna hit the fan if they haven't got one when I call in later :mad:

Matt

16. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Yes the Intro bug is very annoying - According to the official site you should unplug your headset before you load the game and it should work?
    As for recoil you do get it - the pips on your aiming sight go flying apart when you start firing on auto and you dont hit F all. you need the pips to be right up in the cross hairs for you to hit anything - are you playing 3rd person? as thats alot better than 1st on this.

17. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I am in 3rd person this time. Played GR2 on 1st person for a couple of weeks before I found the over the shoulder view....RTFM!

With recoil, I meant the jarring of the whole screen that you get when firing. Stops you from being able to aim again too quickly. (as opposed to aiming fine but waiting for the pips to converge again) The pips do help with authenticity but the reticule stays exactly where it was when you fire. With RS3 there is a brief upward kick which, to me, makes it feel that bit more realistic (me being someone who's fired loads of assault rifles :rolleyes: ) They also have it in Brothers in Arms to a greater extent and it adds to the panic when you're suddenly eyeball to eyeball with the enemy who was sat behind the rock/bush you've just walked around!

I'm only into level 3 so far but thoroughly enjoying it. The AI of the squad members seems to be a bit better than GR2. They are a little less prone to standing there and getting mown down! (But still pretty gormless when there is a tank coming! I wouldn't wait for an order to hide behind something!) And the enemy seem to make good use of cover.

Its so close to being a trully excellent game. Fingers crossed for the 360 version...

18. bigriggers

bigriggers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Ok, hands up, I'm stuck!
    What the hell are you meant to do on the Bunker Hill mission?!
    I blow up the first pill box with the laze thingymajig, but it doesn't work on any of the others! Is it a bug?

19. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Havent played this one on single player (Well never really bother with single player when theres Live)
    But have played it in Coop - You only have one shot using the Lazer, the rest of the bunkers you have to blow up using Rockets? Well thats what my team mates were saying although to be honest we didnt get that far and got wiped out fairly quickly.

20. bigriggers

bigriggers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I let 3 rockets loose on one of those babys to no avail! Perhaps you have to hit it in a particular spot?

21. bigriggers

bigriggers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    D'oh! You have to put a rocket inside the pillbox. :rolleyes:

22. geewhizz

geewhizz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Once you have killed the bloke inside ( I sniped him ), equip your rocket launcher then stand back about 20ft away, face the barbed wire then look through the scope, just over the barbed wire you can see a small bit of it, thats what you aim for, It only takes one rocket. ( p.s. keep your men away from it when it blows )

Hope this helps :smashin:

23. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Ok...Now I hate this game :mad: :mad: :mad:

Just tried to save progress and got the 'There is a problem with your X Box' icon and it locked up.

Re-booted and my game save states 'DAMAGED'.

So, I've got to do the first 4 levels again....

Not too bothered about playing them again as its a good game but I'm a little disgruntled......

Suppose it could be a problem with the old 'Box but this has never happened on any other game....

24. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,912
    Sorry if this has been discussed to death in the past but what exactly is wrong with Ghost Recon 2? as I bought it last Saturday from Game and have been playing it on and off since then and I have yet to experience any problems.

25. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    It wasnt finished, theres loads of classic Ubisoft bugs in it - the usual 'There is a problem with your X Box' icon will pop up all over the place when playing it online - The Patch did fix alot of those.
    It kicks people from a server for no reason - says game not available even though every one else is still playing.
    Some Multiplayer modes are completely useless for example Siege game mode (one of the best modes on ghost recon games - where one team guards a base and the other team must get a player in the base - only one life per player, real tense gaming fun) is ruined by the fact both teams spawn almost right next to each other even though the maps are massive.

99% of these faults are fixed on Gr2 Summit strike - the crash bug is still there as Monster found out - Although the you can stop the crash bug if you pull out your headset controller - do this before you save and hopefully it shuldnt crash. The online game is very stable and so far I havent been kicked or seen anyone kicked Plus theres a lot more modes to play which all work like they should spawns in proper places etc. Gr2 SS is only £15 so if you enjoyed GR2 its well worth getting.

26. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,912
    That probaley explains why I havent had any problems then, I dont have XBox Live or a headset, I have just been playing the Campaign.

27. tobyjuggler

tobyjuggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've been playing this now for some time and it really is quite impressive. Graphics are great and I love the ragdoll physics when you snipe a baddy and see them falling off a cliff :devil:.

It's going to take me some time to finish the game as it isn't particularly easy - and that's a good thing - it should be a challenge, and it is. One annoying thing though in the single player is if you complete all the objectives on a mission, but there's still one baddy alive somewhere on the map, you can't complete the mission until you go and hunt him down.

I've played it online mostly and the Helos mode is rock-hard (only managed to finish one map once, with three of us in co-op) and even the co-op missions are tough.

I've now heard of two people losing their saves after a crash, so it's obviously something people need to be aware of. It might be worth backing up the occasional saved game, or perhaps saving twice with different names at the beginning of each mission (I assume here that it's the last one saved that gets corrupted when there's a crash). Alternatively, if you do lose a save and have to start again I think you could be excused if you used the 'complete current mission' cheat until you get back to where you were before the crash. I know you'll lose spending points, but tbh I've never actually spent any, so that's no big deal.

28. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    You really are missing out on the best parts of the game - its always been about multiplayer either Vs or coop. The AI on your team is very poor but playing the single player misions with a bunch of mates is so much fun.

The only real good thing about Gr2 was the free dloadable content they released. A weapons pack that included all the missing Silenced weapons (how the hell they could call the game a Ghost game when there was no Silenced weapons was a big joke)
    Loads of new maps - at least 15 !!
    Some great new outfits including some comedy ones - Pink bunny suits, Cavemen, Robots etc.

29. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Humm ............. :hiya: nuff said :D

Matt

30. bigriggers

bigriggers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Is there any way for me to get the downloadable content? I have GR2 (Retail) but modded my xbox for xbmc and got myself banned from Live, d'oh! :rolleyes:

Play a fair bit of GR2 on Xlink kai, so would like to be able to get the new content.