GPU problem on new 360 (with pic)

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Kirby, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Kirby

Kirby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi I got my 360 about a fortnight ago now and had this problem a few times from day one:
    [​IMG]
    About 2 days after buying it I hooked up online and updated which actually caused it again while updating but seemed to stop it afterwards. I assumed it was a case of the update fixed a known problem and thought no more of it.
    However tonight I had the same problem:
    [​IMG]
    Other channels all work fine, going to dash and changing settings did not help the problem (I changed resolution etc but no help), so I turned it off and its fine for now :rolleyes:. Is this a common problem with the GPU or does mine a have a problem? I had hoped it would be less of a worry since I waited for a falcon model :suicide:.

2. akane_1984

akane_1984

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +168
    new xbox I' am afraid. I had this problem way back when I had my first Xbox. happened around time BF:MC was released. never went away.

3. geowars2

geowars2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    this exact problem happened to mine last week :eek: my 360 was about 15 months old though (this one lasted the longest so far :rotfl: )

my graphic problem didnt go away though after turning off.

since yours is only a fortnight old, just take it back to the shop :thumbsup:

i just sent mines back to microsoft and said it had 3 red lights - it probably will show 3 red lights soon anyway

4. Kirby

Kirby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thanks for the quick responses, I sort of knew the answer before I asked but didn't want to have to go back to pc world :thumbsdow. What I will do is put all of my game saves on my brothers HDD so I dont lose that info (worked hard in a short time lol) and take it in on the weekend, cheers.

5. m1ket

m1ket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    This really is a sad situation that MS ahvent got things sorted yet i think when people look back at the 360 its will be its biggest scar by far that stopped it taking the next step to a fully mainstream product:thumbsdow

I know numerous people at work who want to buy one but wont due to the build quality:oops:

6. daymouse

daymouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Fingers crossed they've learnt their lesson for the next console!!!!

7. Immortaleffectz

Immortaleffectz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Very true. I have also heard alot of things and known people having to send their 360's back. Mine is about 2 and a half years old and luckly im still on 360 number 1 :smashin:

8. Kirby

Kirby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Well I thought I would quickly update this because PC world were actually really helpfull :thumbsup:, took about 5 minutes to swap it over and they even let me swap the memory cards so the missus doesn't have to restart viva pinata lol :clap:.