Gpu and boot up issue

Agracing247

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm having trouble getting a display out of my gpu. I recently took out my cpu cooler and gpu for travel and after putting it back together I'm not able to get a display (All lights and fans work, even the gpu fan). I've factored the issue to the gpu because after removing it and using the motherboard hdmi I get a display and also using the other gpu slot doesn't fix the issue.

When trying to troubleshoot with motherboard display I'm getting an infinite loop of being asked to restart and then getting an error. I can access bios and cmd prompt. I can also attempt the recovery process but I ultimately get an error and can't proceed.

I have a tuf gaming z390 plus wifi, asus geforce dual gtx1650 04G, i5 9600k.

Bios ver 2417. Might need to update haven't done so since I put it together Dec2018.

Ok so does the display work with the mobo or not? Was getting confused.

If it does boot without the gpu in you can go to windows and then update the bios

If it’s not booting it’s could be the mobo or psu

It boots with gpu in, but using motherboard hdmi. Doesn't get to windows just creates a loop to restart or attempting diagnostic then error. Can I update bios from the bios boot screen or cmd prompt? I' think its gpu or needing bios update.

No idea why you'd need a bios update if it worked before with that bios.
Take the bios battery out for a bit and see if that resets the cosmos

Why do we have multiple threads on the matter?

Why do we have multiple threads on the matter?
I'm not getting any replies to my latest updates. My thought process is new problems new posts. Im I violating terms? Honestly I just want help to get my pc to working again and I'm doing my best to find solutions to troubleshoot. No disrespect.

At a guess i would say you have corrupted your boot files and it's not a gpu problem. Google fix boot drive or look into usb boot drive.

I'm not getting any replies to my latest updates. My thought process is new problems new posts. Im I violating terms? Honestly I just want help to get my pc to working again and I'm doing my best to find solutions to troubleshoot. No disrespect.
It is not a new problem though is it? It is all related. And people are not replying because they don't know the solution

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom