1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GP4 on XBOX cancelled!?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Sheks, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Sheks

Sheks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi,

Have just read on the Special Reserve web site that Geoff Crammond GP4 has been shelved for the XBOX. What is going on?

Since buying the xbox at launch I have not touched my PS2 and had become a convert. Almost every weekend we have been playing deathmatch and cooperative on HALO. However I am now looking to buy a second game for the Xbox, Turok got poor reveiws, and I am a keen F1 fan so have been really looking forward to GP4.

I am very rapidly going off consoles, this summer has been very poor for new "cuttingedge" games.

So come on console developers/manufacturers if you really want my money produce something worthy of it. The hardware produced by Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft is excellent these days, but with no new games to play on them it is rapidly becoming pointless and dusty sat in the corner.

As I have not bought any games for a while my savings pot is quite healthy, so instead of purchasing games I think I will buy a load of DVD's or upgrade my Hi-Fi, which means that all you developers have missed out on my money. I have spent thousands over the past few years supporting your products, now you are going to miss out on thousands over the fourthcoming years.

Everything I read I see people commenting how it is going to be a very bright future for the Xbox and consoles in general, well the future is all very well and good, but I would like some new games NOW, not in three months.

Rant over, feel better now.

Colin

2. John Jennings

John Jennings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The entire GP4 studio has been closed down by Infogrames (thanks Bruno!). If it's just the X-box version that's canned, I'm guessing that it was the version that was 'least complete', so isn't fincancially 'worth' completing.

A lot of publishers are already dropping X-box releases from their schedule following the awful sales in Japan (and to a lesser extent Europe).....