Government bans on experts who are critical of them.

Heathens

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just seen this. It appears that the government is trawling people's social media accounts and stopping them from talking at events they are highly qualified for because they have been critical of government policy. Taking the lead from countries like Iran, North Korea, Russia and China it seems.

Stalinism is alive and well in the Tory Party.

The Ministry of Defence said checks on people speaking at government-organised events ensured a balanced discussion.
He received an email last month - which has been shown to Newsnight - that told him: "Rules introduced by the Cabinet Office in 2022 specify that the social media accounts of potential speakers must be vetted before final acceptance to the programme. The vetting is impartial and purely evidence-based.

"The check on your social media has identified material that criticises government officials and policy. It is for this reason and not because we do not value your technical insight, that I'm afraid that we have no choice and must cancel your invitation to the CWD conference."
Sounds very balanced.

Perfect response from the "two wrongs make a right" school of thought

Stalinism is alive and well in the Tory Party.
Sounds more like Goebbels who seems to be a constant source for the Tories.

Brexit is a tremendous success.
The economy is doing great
Waiting lists are coming down
We should all get behind Truss
ggggg.jpg

Remember hearing about this from an academic, Dr Kate Devlin, AI authority, who also happens to be married to Mic Wright and retweeted a Truss parody account.

Remember hearing about this from an academic, Dr Kate Devlin, AI authority, who also happens to be married to Mic Wright and retweeted a Truss parody account.

It's appalling, they're not even hiding the fact they are doing it now either.

From the article I posted:

"The check on your social media has identified material that criticises government officials and policy. It is for this reason and not because we do not value your technical insight, that I'm afraid that we have no choice and must cancel your invitation to the CWD conference."

Well suited here I think.

I wonder if the right wing have spotted the conundrum yet....

In my town their cancel culture has got so bad they've resorted to renaming streets away from people whose politics they don't like. Still can't be arsed to repair all the dreadful pot holes in said roads, though. Nice to see they're keeping their priorities in order.
Here they are unveiling the new name of a road to show solidarity with Ukraine. Seems like a nice idea, right? Only problem is it was already named after a famous democratically elected left wing leader of Chile, to show solidarity with the Chilean people murdered by the dictator who overthrew him, undemocratically and by force.
Screenshot-2023-05-25-at-07.42.37.png

Screenshot-2022-05-18-at-17.14.40.png

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom