Govee LED strip lights

Sandman

Distinguished Member
My daughter has asked for LED strip lights in her bedroom for her birthday in a couple of weeks. We want to put up 3 separate lengths of the lights - on on her shelf, one her drawers and one behind the TV.
Having done some research I have found Govee do them that can be controlled via her echo.
It appears they can be cut to size but it is unclear if the remaining section can then be used elsewhere if I were to buy another power supply. Does anybody have experience of this? I guess I need to know if I need to buy 3 separate strip lights or can 1 be split into 3 usable sections?

sy278

They can be used yes. You can even link them all as one with extending cables between them.

Sandman

Distinguished Member
Quick update - I bought three sets of the 5m strips. The bit you cut off the end cannot be used on its own but may be able to be used to extend a different strip.
I need to do a bit of cable management but my teenage daughter is very happy with the results.
204AC862-FA88-4C12-AC05-0AE842B7B051.jpeg
2FCAC215-0AE2-4AAF-9287-3D8C1730885F.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom