Gothic Universe - Someone point me to the patches please??

nero0410

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As title

I have just bought and installed Gothic Universe, containing Gothic, Gothic II gold edition and Gothic 3, and wondered if anyone has the same thing and can point me in the right direction for the patches for them all??

Thanks

tris

EDIT: and also a way of installing gothic II on a drive other than C as it doesn't appear to give me the option :(

EDIT 2: The FMV on Gothic 1 and 2 has problems too :( Sound but no image, so would like some advice here too.

Last edited:
Thread updated, would really appriciate some help here guys

Thanks

tris

Surely a quick google search would direct you to the patches and user forums ? (Can't check myself as all gaming related sites are blocked in work)

Surely a quick google search would direct you to the patches and user forums ? (Can't check myself as all gaming related sites are blocked in work)

I have done numoureous google search's for each of the games, but just keep hitting speculation that the original patches that are out there won't work with the versions of the games in the 'gothic universe' collection :(

Which is why I asked here.

tris

Maybe the universe versions come pre-patched ??

I'm pretty new to patching pc games of this magnitude, so I wouldn't even know how to tell.

tris

Check out this site - good for all things gothic:

Gothic 3 - RPGWatch Forums

Gothic 1 and 2 and the expansion are great games - controls take some getting used to and you will die a lot at the beginning (high level monsters are present in the forests from the beginning) but I found these games to be an excellent experience .

Gothic 3 is a better experience when patched with the community patch (see link above).

Hope this helps.

For those of you who have not tried gothic I and II you can get them here for $7.49 each (unitl the end of today - after that will return to $9.99 - still a bargain!):

GOG.com

This is a great site for old games that have been made compatible with XP and Vista.

Last edited:
Check out this site - good for all things gothic:

Gothic 3 - RPGWatch Forums

Gothic 1 and 2 and the expansion are great games - controls take some getting used to and you will die a lot at the beginning (high level monsters are present in the forests from the beginning) but I found these games to be an excellent experience .

Gothic 3 is a better experience when patched with the community patch (see link above).

Hope this helps.

Thanks, will check this out.

It's been pretty hard finding english patches for these games :(

For those of you who have not tried gothic I and II you can get them here for $7.49 each (unitl the end of today - after that will return to $9.99 - still a bargain!):

GOG.com

This is a great site for old games that have been made compatible with XP and Vista.

Got this Gothic Universe for £10 delivered here if you miss the above:
Cex.co.uk : gaming : pc gaming : PC Games : Gothic Universe

tris

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom