1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gotham Racing - XBOX saved games locked

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by strangelittle, Jun 17, 2003.

1. strangelittle

strangelittle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've recently bought a new tv and when i connected up my xbox everything works fine. except the saved games on gotham, when i go to load them the option to go into the file is grayed out. and the bottom option on the stats list is red it says 50 hz.

if i create a new game the stat is 60 hz. now i'm guessing this is because i've upgraded to a 100 hz tv. but i'm not sure why, or more importantly how to get my games back. any help woulod be much appreciated

regards

Dave:confused:

2. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    Sounds a bit odd. You can change between 50hz and 60hz in the dashboard..but that doesn't change unless you change it. Might be worth a try though...wouldn't have thought save games would be for a specific refresh rate.

Sorry not much help.

3. strangelittle

strangelittle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    by dashboard do you mean within the game or the xbox's own software. see i got confused as i didn't think the connection was two way (e.g. the tv couldn;t tell the xbox what it was)

if you mean within the game, then i don;t seem to be able to access it as i looked for such a function.

but thanks for the message

4. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    all you need to do is change to 50hz from the xbox dashboard. Fire up the game and you will then be able to load the savegame.

This was the same for metropolis street racer on the dreamcast. if you saved in 50hz and then changed the display to 60hz you could not load the 50hz save and vice versa

5. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I read this somewhere no idea if its true??Remember to play the game in 60hz as the lap times needed to open things up havent been changed for the 50hz mode - which makes some of them impossible because of the slower speed of the 50hz mode (18% slower)

6. strangelittle

strangelittle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    why did the xbox change automatically ??? i didn't think the scart cable gave feed back ??

also what will i lose due to this. how is the 6o hz better than the 50hz (other than the lap times, which would make sense as stuck at one point)

??? where are the options on the dashboard, i had a look but can;t find them (have a newish uk version)

thanks for any help

thanks

7. amorenod

amorenod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    It always happens to me the other way. I prefer to play Halo in 50 hz, and the rest of my games in 60 hz, but sometimes I forget to return to 60 hz in the Xbox setup, and PGR complains about the Xbox not working at 60hz.

8. amorenod

amorenod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    It should be in video options, Pal60 yes/no

About the 60/50 comparison: 60 hz is faster & smoother, 50 hz has more resolution.