Gotham City Impostors Xbox Live closed beta giveaway

majnu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ey Up! I've been looking forward to this game for a while now and Euro Gamer have confirmed beta begins 4pm on Thursday 15th December and runs until 20th December. :D The game will cost 1200MSP.

Eurogamer and Warner Bros. are delighted to offer 30,000 readers early access to upcoming online shooter Gotham City Imposters via an exclusive place in the game's closed beta.

Gotham City Imposters is the new Batman game from Monolith Productions. In a dark and war-ravaged version of Bat's home city, you play as a one of its citizens fighting in a bloody civil war.

Players can choose whether to dress as Batman and fight for the forces of order or exact bloody clown-fuelled vengeance battling for Joker and his criminal crew.

But there's a lot more to the game than masks and make-up. Gotham City Imposters features 1000 levels of character advancement overflowing with unlockables and upgrades, while weapons and gadgets are fully customisable.

So whether you want to be a hulking hero on rollerskates wielding a bow and arrow, or a badass clown with glider wings and a homebrew rocket launcher, Gotham City Imposters is for you.

The game launches 10th January on PC, PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade but we're giving you early access. The closed beta begins 4pm on Thursday 15th December and runs until 20th December.

TL;DR

Click below to receive a code for the beta - you can download it right now.

Gotham City Impostors Xbox Live closed beta giveaway • Giveaways • Eurogamer.net

I am sure I got something like this in the Batman Arkham City box.
Will have to check later.

Where you been Majnu ??

I am sure I got something like this in the Batman Arkham City box.
Will have to check later.

Where you been Majnu ??

Hello :hiya:

There has been some confusion with the code with Batman AC, hopefully this will clear it up. Taken from the GCI forums.

The Code:

Please read the insert you get with B:AC carefully, it in no way says it will get you instant access to the beta. anyone with a code has the same chance of getting in the beta as people without the code. the code says it is for Arkham City Themed Content. If you are accepted then expect the email around Nov 1st.

The Content:

this is not a "Theme" for your playstation 3 or Xbox 360, it specificly says Themed Content. From a logical standpoint this means it is content you can use within Imposters that is themed around Arkham City.

hopefully this will stop all the where's my theme,where's my email threads.

Official Thread: Clarification of Eurogamer Codes. Please Read

It has come to our attention that a number of codes that allow early access to the upcoming Gotham City Impostors beta for Xbox 360 and PS3 were inadvertently released before the scheduled time. The keys were intended to be disseminated at 8 am PST / 4 pm BST, Thursday, December 15, when the beta for the game officially begins.

Anyone who has received a code should start playing at or after the official start time of the beta. Players who try to join a game any earlier will experience performance and server connection issues, and their gameplay experience will not be representative of what is intended.

We will provide additional details about the December 15 beta in the next day, so be sure to check back tomorrow for more information.

Thanks for your continued support. We apologize for any confusion that may have been caused by the early release of these codes.

Eurogamer and Warner Bros. are delighted to offer 30,000 readers early access to upcoming online shooter Gotham City Imposters via an exclusive place in the game's closed beta.

Gotham City Imposters is the new Batman game from Monolith Productions. In a dark and war-ravaged version of Bat's home city, you play as a one of its citizens fighting in a bloody civil war.

Players can choose whether to dress as Batman and fight for the forces of order or exact bloody clown-fuelled vengeance battling for Joker and his criminal crew.

But there's a lot more to the game than masks and make-up. Gotham City Imposters features 1000 levels of character advancement overflowing with unlockables and upgrades, while weapons and gadgets are fully customisable.

Just signed up and got a free key for this... don't know anything about it but gotta be worth a quick go. I do love an enclosed beta.:D
Link

UPDATE: Due to unprecedented demand, Warner Bros. has asked us to suspend the Gotham City Impostors until 4pm UK time on Thursday. Check back then if you want to claim a key!

Will have to try to remember to check Thurs evening if there are any left.

Keys have all gone. :(

Just had a quick check and for anyone that managed to bag a code the game seems to be up and running at the moment... just done the initiation section and waiting for enough players to give a map ago. Not may players around at the moment so keep getting to 8 players out of 12 and then it starts searching again... I'll keep trying for a little while though.:D

To those playing the game early the 'dizzy killstreak' is actually part of the mechanics for Psych Warfare; the objective is to arm a propaganda machine that, when the counter reaches 0, causes the enemy team to become disoriented and stripped of all weapons for a short period of time. During that time you can slap enemies or attack the machine to end the effects early.

Some Fumigation Gameplay

Just got a beta key, still some available :smashin:

Yep, just got one. Although watching that gameplay video above it looks pretty boring to me, just another generic shooter. Will see.

I just had a couple of goes. I'm not a big FPS fan, but this is pretty good fun mostly cos of the ways you can get around, as you can bounce on trampolines, ride off ramps on rollers skates and use a grappling hook, so you can zip around and get quickly on top of buildings and stuff. The framerate seems a little low, but maybe that'll be sorted by the time it releases.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom