1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got your LCD wallmounted? So what happens when you need to switch cables?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Morris Schæffer, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Morris Schæffer

Morris Schæffer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And the connections are at the back of the LCD.

Do you remove your set from the wall each time?!

Sure, I'm not likely to swap cables ad infinitum. Component for Xbox 360, HDMI for DVD player and possibly PC, but even once feels excessive knowing how much a 40" display can weigh. Moreover, is it easy to remove a flatscreen once it's been mounted? Picture this scenario. I buy my LCD before I buy my Xbox 360. So I'm not gonna have component cables yet, because they come with the Xbox premium package (400 euro). This means that when I do buy the Xbox 360, I will be forced to remove the set from the wall. Can you say pain in the ass?

So how do you all deal with this?

2. RockySpieler

RockySpieler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    You could fit 3m MALE to FEMALE cables into your VGA / HDMI / DVI sockets, these could then be hidden at floor level, where you will be able to swap them more easily. One benefit of this approach is that the TV's sockets are not worn out by continuous changing of cables.

You could alternatively spend a lot of money on an AV upscaling Amp (there are a couple which have been released) with HDMI / DVI out, that way you would only need one cable!

And if you can afford ONE, then why not buy TWO.... ;) this advice has got to be worth something!

3. Morris Schæffer

Morris Schæffer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, but then I'll have to make sure every cable is hooked up into its proper socket before the TV is stuck to the wall.

4. Rob1698

Rob1698

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It differs between TV models, but usually the connectors are placed in a recessed area at the bottom or side of the TV that (with difficulty) can still be reached when it is on the wallmount.

5. Morris Schæffer

Morris Schæffer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For the new Sony V series, a bunch of the connectors appear to be right in the middle.