• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Got xbox 360 replacement back at last! But also got 2 suprises from MS!

hmsq

Established Member
Well first things first it took them roughly 1 week turnaround for me to get my xbox 360 ok, UPS added 1 extra day coz delivery guy got lost, well it happens to all of us right :D

So first things first, first suprise!

Turn on the 360 and it tries to sign in. After a while it gives me this message - 'Some profiles could not be signed in to Xbox Live. There maybe a network problem or a profile that is not valid. Test your connection or recover your profile from Xbox Live'.

So I go to Test Connection and it gives me these results:

Network Adapter - Wired
IP Address - Confirmed
DNS - Confirmed
MTU - Confirmed
ICMP - Confirmed
Xbox Live - Failed. After hitting 'more info' then 'status codes' it show me this:

W: 0000-0021
X: 0000-F001
Y: 00A8-6820
Z: 8015-1912

One the phone to MS when i went to dashboard it shows it has a disc already inside, mm i'm curious about it, but wait i did not put one there. Press eject!:eek:

Suprise number 2!

Bonus DVD = XSTRESS_DVD.jpg

Done a search found that i wasn't the only one last year someone got the same disc but version 0.1 with one for their replacements ahah

Anways, now i await for a tech guy from MS to fix my xbox live, and i wonder if i should dangle the disc as bait for them to fix my xbox 360 :D

The_Vindicator

Established Member
wonder what goodness that baby holds.....

LinkinRuss

Standard Member
Well first things first it took them roughly 1 week turnaround for me to get my xbox 360 ok, UPS added 1 extra day coz delivery guy got lost, well it happens to all of us right :D

So first things first, first suprise!

Turn on the 360 and it tries to sign in. After a while it gives me this message - 'Some profiles could not be signed in to Xbox Live. There maybe a network problem or a profile that is not valid. Test your connection or recover your profile from Xbox Live'.

So I go to Test Connection and it gives me these results:

Network Adapter - Wired
IP Address - Confirmed
DNS - Confirmed
MTU - Confirmed
ICMP - Confirmed
Xbox Live - Failed. After hitting 'more info' then 'status codes' it show me this:

W: 0000-0021
X: 0000-F001
Y: 00A8-6820
Z: 8015-1912

One the phone to MS when i went to dashboard it shows it has a disc already inside, mm i'm curious about it, but wait i did not put one there. Press eject!:eek:

Suprise number 2!

Bonus DVD = XSTRESS_DVD.jpg

Done a search found that i wasn't the only one last year someone got the same disc but version 0.1 with one for their replacements ahah

Anways, now i await for a tech guy from MS to fix my xbox live, and i wonder if i should dangle the disc as bait for them to fix my xbox 360 :D

Keep it :)

The_Vindicator

Established Member
wonder if its possible to use a backup of this disk

-Hitman-

Prominent Member
Yeah, image the disk and upload it so we can all have a piece!:D

gurka

Established Member
WHats on the Disk ? duddduuudddduuuueeeeee :)

dave1de

Established Member
I wonder what is so 'confidential' about it.......I wonder if it has top secret MS assassination plans on it.....

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
i bet its a programing disc that programes the system to be a 360 and not play blu ray prior to putting components in the case
sony have another version they use that makes it read blu ray, then they put it in a diff box and charge more ;)

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
come on what does it do!

wormvortex

Distinguished Member
Burn an image of the disc and upload it to yousendit assuming its a cd and not a dvd. I'd try it in my xbox its hardly going to ruin the console the 2nd you insert it is it now.

hmsq

Established Member
sorry for late post, work nights!:boring:

Anyways, i check the disc out from the stuff i can read it has a lot of weird pictures, cats people, cars....
Can't read the other files for some reason it won't read on my pc, so i guess a copy of it might be out unless i test on my dvd-rw in my laptop.

kasumi

Established Member
Put it to good use and make it available to http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php

Post on there as there are some very knowledgeable hackers on there who may be able to put it to very good use and direct you how to make a copy of it also. :smashin:

vaporand

Established Member
yeah, burn an iso image of it, rar it, and upload it somewhere say rapidshare, or create a torrent for it. and send the link to us all...

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
oppps me thinks an employee has been using MS disks to store his family photo album ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom