Got xbox 360 replacement back at last! But also got 2 suprises from MS!

hmsq

Established Member
Reaction score
Well first things first it took them roughly 1 week turnaround for me to get my xbox 360 ok, UPS added 1 extra day coz delivery guy got lost, well it happens to all of us right :D

So first things first, first suprise!

Turn on the 360 and it tries to sign in. After a while it gives me this message - 'Some profiles could not be signed in to Xbox Live. There maybe a network problem or a profile that is not valid. Test your connection or recover your profile from Xbox Live'.

So I go to Test Connection and it gives me these results:

Network Adapter - Wired
IP Address - Confirmed
DNS - Confirmed
MTU - Confirmed
ICMP - Confirmed
Xbox Live - Failed. After hitting 'more info' then 'status codes' it show me this:

W: 0000-0021
X: 0000-F001
Y: 00A8-6820
Z: 8015-1912

One the phone to MS when i went to dashboard it shows it has a disc already inside, mm i'm curious about it, but wait i did not put one there. Press eject!:eek:

Suprise number 2!

Bonus DVD = XSTRESS_DVD.jpg

Done a search found that i wasn't the only one last year someone got the same disc but version 0.1 with one for their replacements ahah

Anways, now i await for a tech guy from MS to fix my xbox live, and i wonder if i should dangle the disc as bait for them to fix my xbox 360 :D

wonder what goodness that baby holds.....

Well first things first it took them roughly 1 week turnaround for me to get my xbox 360 ok, UPS added 1 extra day coz delivery guy got lost, well it happens to all of us right :D

So first things first, first suprise!

Turn on the 360 and it tries to sign in. After a while it gives me this message - 'Some profiles could not be signed in to Xbox Live. There maybe a network problem or a profile that is not valid. Test your connection or recover your profile from Xbox Live'.

So I go to Test Connection and it gives me these results:

Network Adapter - Wired
IP Address - Confirmed
DNS - Confirmed
MTU - Confirmed
ICMP - Confirmed
Xbox Live - Failed. After hitting 'more info' then 'status codes' it show me this:

W: 0000-0021
X: 0000-F001
Y: 00A8-6820
Z: 8015-1912

One the phone to MS when i went to dashboard it shows it has a disc already inside, mm i'm curious about it, but wait i did not put one there. Press eject!:eek:

Suprise number 2!

Bonus DVD = XSTRESS_DVD.jpg

Done a search found that i wasn't the only one last year someone got the same disc but version 0.1 with one for their replacements ahah

Anways, now i await for a tech guy from MS to fix my xbox live, and i wonder if i should dangle the disc as bait for them to fix my xbox 360 :D

Keep it :)

Sounds like it's some sort of stress test for the 360 to ensure the xbox works under full-load.

wonder if its possible to use a backup of this disk

Yeah, image the disk and upload it so we can all have a piece!:D

WHats on the Disk ? duddduuudddduuuueeeeee :)

I wonder what is so 'confidential' about it.......I wonder if it has top secret MS assassination plans on it.....

i bet its a programing disc that programes the system to be a 360 and not play blu ray prior to putting components in the case
sony have another version they use that makes it read blu ray, then they put it in a diff box and charge more ;)

come on what does it do!

Burn an image of the disc and upload it to yousendit assuming its a cd and not a dvd. I'd try it in my xbox its hardly going to ruin the console the 2nd you insert it is it now.

sorry for late post, work nights!:boring:

Anyways, i check the disc out from the stuff i can read it has a lot of weird pictures, cats people, cars....
Can't read the other files for some reason it won't read on my pc, so i guess a copy of it might be out unless i test on my dvd-rw in my laptop.

Put it to good use and make it available to http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php

Post on there as there are some very knowledgeable hackers on there who may be able to put it to very good use and direct you how to make a copy of it also. :smashin:

yeah, burn an iso image of it, rar it, and upload it somewhere say rapidshare, or create a torrent for it. and send the link to us all...

oppps me thinks an employee has been using MS disks to store his family photo album ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom