Got the missus a 3DS for xmas, quick questions

matt d938

Novice Member
Got the missus a ice white 3DS for xmas, how do i go about getting a friend code etc? is it simple log onto wireless network and go thru a few steps etc?

Also buying games from the erm marketplace, again is it as simple as buying a nintendo points card and then i can buy stuff from the shop? really quite fancy trying that Zen pinball and Pull blocks games.

And lastly, Zelda OOT, can i move link around with the thumb stick or do you still have to drag him round using the stylus and bottom screen like it was on the DS? really couldnt be bothered with doing that so it was very quickly turned off lol

Thanks everyone...........Matt :D

addyb

Distinguished Member
Hi mate.

Ok once the 3DS is setup at the start (entered name, region etc) you will go to the main home screen. On this screen there are multiple icons. Along the top you will see a smiley face icon. Click on that and this takes you to your friends list and if you select your own name the friend code will be displayed.

As for eshop vouchers I havent looked into this myself but buying things from the store is easy. Just select what you want to purchase and then it will ask you for your card details. Since the recent system update it will now just debit the exact amount where as previously you had to buy credit which is still an option within the shop itself.

And yes you use the analogue nub to control link in Zelda.

Any other questions just ask away. Great little system to pick up now since better games have arrived and more features available.

vinvader

=
Also buying games from the erm marketplace, again is it as simple as buying a nintendo points card and then i can buy stuff from the shop? really quite fancy trying that Zen pinball and Pull blocks games.

The Nintendo Points Card won't work on the eshop, the 3DS has it's own points card that still hasn't been released in the UK yet. You can however use a credit/debit card.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom