1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got the Merc GTR on PGR2

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Stereo Steve, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Finally converted all kudos challenges to gold last night and earned the Merc GTR. Many guys online say it's not as quick as the Porsche GT1 but I disagree. In the first 5 minutes I was able to shave seconds off my fastest lap times. Also, on the Nurburgring is awesome. Left 3 GT1's for dead, my first win online on that circuit.

Question, is, can I be bothered to go for the TVR? I guess I'll just see how it goes.

2. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    congrats mate :smashin: It's more satisfying earning the cars then getting them by cheating..

I have not had a lot of time lately for single player. Spent most time online. I have raced a few mercs with the porsche and they are quick but are beatable on the more twisty tracks. Will have to race you sometime?

3. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah, on something like Capitol Thrill, the GT1 is better as you just can't get the power down in the Merc. I think it's quicker overall but very tricky on some tracks. I'm learning the Nurburgring at the mo and got under 7 minutes for the first time today. Pretty slow, I know but it's a lot to learn!

On KGB corner, the Merc is deadly. Trouble is, nobody else has got one so I ended up in the GT1 to get some close racing.

4. i-bert

i-bert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I found the MERC easier to tame when using manual gears with it.But i don't think it could take the Porsche on at Nurburgring.

5. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I do use manual gears. The guys I beat in GT1's all said it was because I had the Merc but I note that most of the really fast laps on the Nurburgring are with GT1's so maybe they were just bad losers.

Haven't been accused of using Action Replay yet though. TBH it's a bit naff pulling out a deadly weapon when nobody else has it as you just win with no problem. I can go 5 seconds quicker in the Merc over 3 laps of St Basils than the GT1. Its handy though when you go to a room and all the guys are driving Mercs and TVR's. The best thing is, most have cheated to get them and so can't handle them and would be better off with Enzo's.