1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got Sky+ yesterday problems already!!

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Waynej, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    OK, I got Sky+ yesterday Oct 3rd, recorded a few movies fine, and setup Sky+ to record WW Heat and WWE No Mercy which were shown Live on Sky Sports 2 at 12am - 4am, now I let Sky + record WWE Heat and No Mercy, luckily I stuck a tape in and recorded No Mercy, dunno y i did, but im glad i did as when i went to playback heat, 14mins through it said 'loss of signal quality' or something along those lines, and the PPV No Mercy, boy am I glad I taped that as i collect them, i played it back and it recorded like 10 secs of it and then said 'End of recorded programme'.. I don't understand y this happened as it recorded the movies and everything fine. Is it possible the box got confused as the 2 program were shown back to back on the same chnnel and both were set to record, Heat 12am - 1am and No Mercy 1am - 4am.

thanks for any advice, its a Pace V2 box, i might ring sky up, but it seems to be working ok now, trust it to **** up on the main thing i wanted to record though. :mad:

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    You can get a loss of signal quality due to bad weather - don't know what it was like where you are overnight but it was pretty bad in the North East. In the 18 months+ I've had Sky+, my one failed recording was during some bad weather. Are there any trees near the dish that would affect line of site to the satellite?

I would guess it's a one off so I wouldn't worry too much yet.

HTH

John

3. BlackRaven

BlackRaven
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it was PPV, surely you are entitled to repeats so that you can reget it? If not, I would contact them for a credit.

I have occasionally had it display on screen loss of signal, with not noticable loss at all!! Or sometimes just a 1 sec jump.

I must admit though, I have had constant problems with the system. It frequently freezes or refuses to play certain titles. I transfer things to my DVD hard drive at my first opportunity now, or record straight to it. Much more reliable.