1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got Samsung Ps42s5h Happy So Far

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by johnhy, Sep 14, 2005.

1. johnhy

johnhy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Got my new tv set up last night so far pretty pleased with the PQ, watching football I've noticed couple of issues eg the half way line in a fast pan shows ghosting but to be honest I think my Sony wega 32" crt that it replaced did the same thing.But that's still slightly annoying, also on faces particularly in dark scenes can see some"smudging" clay face etc- particularly when watching a WITHOUT A TRACE I'd recorded on Sky +. I read somewhere increasing brightness can reduce this but will wait till after I've run it in. So apart from these wee niggles I'm pretty pleased and it certainly looks good in the living room plus £1479 + £50 carrier from JL and a 5 year warranty who can argue!

2. johnhy

johnhy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Any one know roughly how long to leave it before running a DVE disc Ive heard people saying around 100 hours but how are you meant to know when this is just guesss I take it?

3. Chavvychase

Chavvychase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the happy Samsung club! I've had mine for over three months now and am also pleased with it. The SD model is reviewed in the latest version of Home Cinema (if I remember the title correctly) and is given 4 out of 5 stars and is referred to as an 'above average plasma at an affordable price'. I only mention this because there are some Samsung knockers on this forum who will try to convince you otherwise.