Got Robbed!!!!!

Mac87

Established Member
Reaction score
I got robbed yesterday, they got disturbed and got away, but they managed to take my laptop, all jewllery and gold belonging to my mum, harddrive, mp3 player but they took my XBOX 360 and controllers and games 2!!! we got very good insurance protection blah blah, but i dont know much about the elite? shall i just get one of them now? They were teenagers, they didnt touch my 42 inch tosh lcd tho lol.

Sorry to hear that :mad: Whats the world coming too, if i got hold of them i'd torture the blighters :mad:

ye whats the world comming to . If i caught them id shoot em dead

You know what's funny. If you hit a burgular in your home then they can press charges against you :eek:

really sorry to hear that mate

yeah shot the F*****S that's wot id do sorry th hear,got robbed last year took everything electrcial in the house :mad:

ps new for old so go for the elite i would:thumbsup:

You know what's funny. If you hit a burgular in your home then they can press charges against you :eek:

I have always been led to believe that it was only 'excessive force' that they can sue you for, and a read in a magazine (albeit FHM a few years ago, so not a great source) in the past a Crossbow wasn't class as excessive, but a knife would!

I think we should be like the US, If you break into someones home expect to get hurt!

GO Tony Martin! Shot the pikey bastard!

Sorry to hear you got burgled, i'm dreading it happening here.. must be awful.

They were teenagers, they didnt touch my 42 inch tosh lcd tho lol.

Bloody teens don't know a good haul when they see it .. lol

Seriously though, thats bad news.

Should catch em and cut off their hands but let them keep keep the XBOX just for the comic value

I have always been led to believe that it was only 'excessive force' that they can sue you for, and a read in a magazine (albeit FHM a few years ago, so not a great source) in the past a Crossbow wasn't class as excessive, but a knife would!

I think we should be like the US, If you break into someones home expect to get hurt!

GO Tony Martin! Shot the pikey bastard!

Sorry to hear you got burgled, i'm dreading it happening here.. must be awful.

The law is rather vague, it states "reasonable" force can be used. But this is only judged in indivual circumstances ie if the burgler is armed then "reasonable" maybe use of a kitchen knife in self defence.

Back to the OP though. Sorry to hear you got robbed, it happend to my sister and took ages for her to feel safe again. One tip though, make sure you do what you can to tighten up on security, as no doubt the buggers may come back and check your place out when you have your nice new shiney things in situ.

Well, only one thing for it then. Make sure they cant press charges :devil:

Sorry to hear about that m8, you may as well go for the elite version now (gotta get something in return)

Definitely toughen up your security as they will probably come back after all your new stuff arrives. Sorry to be a downer but you don't want it happening again.

Were you home when they came?

Not surprised they didn't take your telly, I couldn't lift my 42" too far before getting a hernia.:D

Get an elite in exchange. :thumbsup:

you should invest in a burgular alarm people will take one look at the alarm on the front of the house and probably think twice about breaking in.
I really do feel sorry for you.

I would have no hesitation in hitting or inserting anything if they entered my property with my love ones in bed!

Same here and i don t care what the law do to me after,first my family.And sorry to hear m8 :thumbsdow:thumbsdow

They need to string em up not slap them on the wrist if and when they do catch em.
Try it at my house and i will, Bust a cap in his ass! :suicide:
Hope the insurance look after you

Ack sorry to hear about the break-in... an absolutely horrible feeling. Had that happen at my place the first Christmas I went to the parents and so in one respect lucky I was not there but still even now I always feel uncomfortable being away from the house for more than a day or two.

As to the Elite, might as well since it's the top of the range at the moment.

Hope you and the rest of the family not too freaked out or upset by it but really a horrible feeling, nightmare. Disguting state of affairs with the so called 'punishment' system these days *sigh*

Sorry to hear about that. Thieving scum should get one of their hands chopped off, mark them for life.

Hope you and your family settle back to normal after this.

Sorry to hear about that. Thieving scum should get one of their hands chopped off, mark them for life.

Hope you and your family settle back to normal after this.

Quite agree, its time we sorted these twa*ts out, no respect left in this country..i blame the...oops nearly got banned:D

Remember to check your keys mate, they may have taken one, or change the locks and add window locks if you havent got them already

Buy a Rottweiller

Hope things settle down & get an elite!!

geoff

Get a house Alarm.........?

Sorry to hear you got robbed, isnt there anything Microsoft can do, like watch out for your stolen xbox logging in and provide that information to the cops or something?

Jas.

IIRC Tony Martin was waiting at the bottom of his stairs with a shotgun in his hand and then shot the burglar in the back as he was running away. Reasonable force? I don't know but if I was in his position (having been burgled multiple times by the same people) then I reckon I'd consider the same regardless of the law. If you're not safe in your own home then where are you safe?

Back on topic, I feel your pain mate. I got burgled back in 2002 and they took all my hard to get CDs, laptop and a few other things. The did leave my decks, PS2, snowboard and two big bags of "herbs" so I reckon they must have just been looking for stuff they could easily sell down the pub for smack money, or maybe they were disturbed in the act. I'm still gutted about the CDs though, as I still havent managed to get some of them back (deleted / out of print etc).

The police werent really interested in it either which made matters worse. SoCO checked for prints in about 2 places, and didn't even take mine to compare. I've seen better police work on The Bill. The funny thing is the though, the Victims Support Officer who came to see me the next day lived nearby and got burgled a few weeks later. Maybe they should have put more effort into catching them then!

Anyway, I hope you get things sorted and yeah… I reckon you wangle an Elite if you have a decent policy which does old for new.

Anyway, I hope you get things sorted and yeah… I reckon you wangle an Elite if you have a decent policy which does old for new.

Yeah, def go for an elite if you're not sure. Although I hope you get new for old, not old for new, otherwise they might only give you an original xbox, not a 360 :p

If you had any mobiles stolen you can get the IMEI number off the box and with this number have them remotely locked.

Pity they don't do anything like this with laptops.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom