1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got our 42PV500 today, we dont like....

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by orange66, Jun 15, 2005.

1. orange66

orange66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the stand! Yes the TY-S42PX500W Cab stand to give it it's full name. I had fun and games putting it together, we got the tv onto it, and hmmm it is a nice stand but way too tech looking for our cream living room. If anyone out there wants a cab stand for the 42PV500B let me know

2. foz

foz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    what sort of price you looking for.not saying i want it for sure but not sure if im so keen on wall mount, what you gonna do wall mount or pedisstal?

3. orange66

orange66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there, we are going to go for a wall mount, I guess i went off topic thinking of the stand, I should have put it in the for sale section, but I just want a drink for it( a few tenners toward the wall mount would be ace). It is in Colchester Essex, and would easily fit on the back seat of any car assembled.

would do a swap for the offical Panasonic wall mount if anyone wants!

4. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    without wanting to deter a potential bargain u should be aware that the 42" cabinets go for £500 if purchased seperately so unless your stupid you should ask a bit more than the average £80 for a universal wall mount.

5. greyhorse

greyhorse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I would be willing to purchase it off you for more than a few drinks.

PM message me and we can sort something out :)

6. orange66

orange66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the feedback guys,

I am on a Mac and the pm system on this site isnt working for me, if anyone wants to make an offer, can you email me?

robert.d.jackson@btinternet.com

thanks

I have had several enquiries about this and a some offers too. Let me give as much info as I can about this;

The stand is the TY-S42PX500W, which is the official cab stand for the TH-42PV500B set. It has been assembled by myself without a hitch, so no rounded off screw heads, bent items or scratched glass! Going over it last night with a fine tooth comb (which seems a good idea if people have an interest in buying it) I noticed a tiny patch where the base meets the left leg about half to 1 mm by 3mm that has missed the silver paint when the thing was made. This maybe a common thing, I dont know. You would have to have very good eyesight to spot this though, and it arrived like this.

As I said earlier it is in Colchester Essex and would prefer buyer collects. I dont want to take it apart if I can, as that introduces the risk of damaging it and some of the packing material could not be re used.

I still have the instructions for it and should say that the middle glass shelf can be set at one of 2 heights. It also has a clever cable tidy system to get rid of dangly wires which consists of under shelf trays and side clips.

If poss I would like to give it a new home by sunday!

Hope this helps.

7. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I use a Mac, and the PM system works fine for me - sure there's not some other reason? I've just got a 37PV500, and the SKY picture is fantastic, IMHO. Just the slightest trace of banding when transitioning from a white to dark screen... And this is with a very carppy scart lead.

8. orange66

orange66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah I solved it, it was safari blocking the thing with its pop up killer. I get feedback about pms via email and go to them, that works! Thanks for the input

9. orange66

orange66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    gulp. Put the stand up for sale (on the forum for sale section) but no takers, if it doesnt go in the next 2 weeks, gonna have to break it up, we have to move and its not coming.

10. Goofy

Goofy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello Orange66 -any chance of a reply to my response to your Classified advert - today 6.43pm. Regards

11. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    A reminder to everyone - we have a hardware classifieds forum and no for sale or wanted posts are allowed other than in there.

12. orange66

orange66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    with regard to the above stand, sadly despite 3 very close calls, nobody was able to get over and pick it up. I had to break it up and take it to the local dump. Thanks for your interest guys but please no more pms regarding it.

As a side note to the moderators, I placed information about this in the correct place, but all interest in this has stemmed from this forum, and not the classified section. Perhaps the classified sections needs better impact?