GOT ONE AT LAST:] Superb deal and a Q re Res

Mickey123

Hey there,

Got a fantastic deal from Argos:clap:

Xbox 360 premium with an extra wireless controller and Project Goth Racing all for £298!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:
This deal is on now!!:thumbsup:

A few questions - How do I set it to output to 720P, is there a button to press that says 720p or do I have to select one of the resolutions from the dash board? If so can anyone translate?

Mickey

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Goto System>Console Settings>Display and then select what u want from the Screen Resolution Setting.

Mickey123

Hmmmm,

Im connecting via the VGA lead I bought in addition. I have resolutions as opposed to 720P and 1080I etc.

This is on the systems tab correct??

C

CAFCmatt

Mickey123 said:
Hmmmm,

Im connecting via the VGA lead I bought in addition. I have resolutions as opposed to 720P and 1080I etc.

This is on the systems tab correct??

Yeah then you simply choose the screen ration....for 1280 simoly choose that dude

Having only seen a mates VGA I ain't sure but am sure thats what he did

Mickey123

Ok, i get a screen that displays the following

640 x 480
848x 480
1024 x 768
1280 x 720 (im presuming this is 720P?)
1280 x 768
1280 x 1024 (won't this be 1024P then????)
1360 x 768

Can any one translate what is good and what is pap of the above? Which is best??

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
1280x720 is indeed 720p. HD resolutions are always widescreen (16:9) so no, 1280x1024 isn't 1024p as it's a 4:3 resolution. The highest setting your tv will accept is 1360x768, you should probably set it to that.

Mickey123

No I havent got an HD tv.

I was told by getting the VGA cable and using it instead of a scart my panny 6 series would rescale image to the best poss picture I could get?

Also, you mention how some are widescreen and some are not, yet I have a widescreen or normal setting for each resolution that I set indipendently.

:confused:

Mickey123

really havent a clue mate what your asking. Its a Pany 42PWD6 if that helps

- Display on the 360 is set to widescreen yep

john316

Its not HD then - the TV will simply scale down the HD picture to SD quality. It'll still look good but it won't be 'HD good'

Pooon

Distinguished Member
Mickey123 said:
really havent a clue mate what your asking. Its a Pany 42PWD6 if that helps

- Display on the 360 is set to widescreen yep

Your native res for your panel is 852*480 so you can select any res you like and then the internal scaler of the panel will adjust accordingly. Personally id set it to 1280*720 then let the Tv do the rest. The pic will be good, just not real HD good

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom