Got new 77 inch OLED - won't be using it for a while

MultiRoom

Hi All,

Just had delivered my 7th OLED TV, a 77 inch AG9, by the looks of it perhaps amongst the last ones available. Got it for a decent price too: £2950 from Hughes, only because RS didn't have any to price match otherwise it'd have been from them.

Anyway, it's going to be hung between a couple of in wall monitor audio speakers and for that I'm having a false wall installed in the coming weeks. Could be 2 weeks, could be 4 or 5 - it depends on the tradesmen involved completing other works before we can do that. In the meantime it'll remain in it's box and unopened for now.

It's not a small TV, getting it out and onto the stand is no small task, and once it's out I doubt it's going back in very easily - or could it? Should I risk not reviewing it during my return period, and what if panel uniformity was terrible after that time? I don't have a huge amount of space and with various works going on in the next few weeks I'd like to keep it wrapped up if possible.

Any advise?

Cheers

Wez68

Distinguished Member
Hi All,

Just had delivered my 7th OLED TV, a 77 inch AG9, by the looks of it perhaps amongst the last ones available. Got it for a decent price too: £2950 from Hughes, only because RS didn't have any to price match otherwise it'd have been from them.

Anyway, it's going to be hung between a couple of in wall monitor audio speakers and for that I'm having a false wall installed in the coming weeks. Could be 2 weeks, could be 4 or 5 - it depends on the tradesmen involved completing other works before we can do that. In the meantime it'll remain in it's box and unopened for now.

It's not a small TV, getting it out and onto the stand is no small task, and once it's out I doubt it's going back in very easily - or could it? Should I risk not reviewing it during my return period, and what if panel uniformity was terrible after that time? I don't have a huge amount of space and with various works going on in the next few weeks I'd like to keep it wrapped up if possible.

Any advise?

Cheers
I’m pretty sure the box lifts upwards and off the tv leaving the tv in the base of box once you remove the plastic retainers ,so you could fire it up while still in the base of box without using the stand ,however you would need to run it long enough to get at least 2/3 compensations done to get a realistic view of how good the panel is .
However these 77 sets do seem to be generally good panels ,no issues with mine ,just keeps getting better and better after 7 months

MultiRoom

I’m pretty sure the box lifts upwards and off the tv leaving the tv in the base of box once you remove the plastic retainers ,so you could fire it up while still in the base of box without using the stand ,however you would need to run it long enough to get at least 2/3 compensations done to get a realistic view of how good the panel is .
However these 77 sets do seem to be generally good panels ,no issues with mine ,just keeps getting better and better after 7 months
Thanks, sounds like I could probably run it for 20 hours or so, then asses and repackage without too much effort. I'll update once I've done it.

5to1

Yep, got a 77AG9. If you take the four plastic retaining clips out, the box lifts off. You can then remove all the polystyrene bar the bottom piece. Not hard to pack it back up from here. Good idea to take a quick pic of how the polystyrene is arranged before removing. I file this away with the TV receipt, as I keep the box incase I need to move it (repair, return, sell it, etc).

I fired mine up like this to do a very quick check. As I didn’t want to stick it on the wall to find it didn’t work. Also stuck the TV side of the bracket on like this.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom