1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got my TOSH 32WL48 TODAY !

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by NickHe, Dec 10, 2004.

1. NickHe

NickHe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Arrived this afternoon. Upgrade from Sony WEGA 100hz 28". I must say that I was a little worried after reading comments about LCD in general.

WOW !! ITS FANTASTIC. It's really blown me away. Utterly superb ! Plus the room is now about a third bigger !

Not had much chance to mess yet. Running standard sky via RGB scart with a pretty decent cable and it's FINE !!

Denon 500 Surround System running via a crappy £1.50 scart thats 5 years old and thats fantastic as well ! Can't wait for my decent component cables to turn up so I can try progressive.

SUPERB !!! Wish you could all share my enthusiasm !! Go get one !!

2. mr ooops

mr ooops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +353
    Hiya

glad your happy, have you tried any consoles on it yet? As Id like an lcd but wary of motion blur etc from consoles.

Also where did you get from? and how much? delivered on time etc?

(bloody nosey aint I ;) )

regards
    Jason

3. aldergrove

aldergrove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well all I can say is dont go to ELECTRICALSCENTRE.COM they took my order a week ago, no feedback, no delivery they took the money 4 days ago without a delivery date. They have today replied to an email i sent 3 days ago, not good ebusiness!!!

4. NickHe

NickHe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got mine from http://www.tvandvideodirect.com/product.php?xProd=1197 after buyyourav messed me around.

Tvandvideodirect were superb. Excellent service. Ordered Tuesday afternoon and arrived this afternoon as promised. Professional and courteous.

Paid a little more for it but it looks like you get what you pay for as usual ....

They had about 10 left I think when I ordered.

Not tried the Xbox yet. It will probably have to wait until next week now ..

5. Elsie Dee

Elsie Dee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I must have ordered a 32wl48 from Electricalscentre.com at about the the same time as aldergrove. If have had exactly the same level of good customer service, er.....none. I got them on the phone this evening after trying all day; they are always constantly engaged!

On Monday, they promised me they had some in stock but delivery would take up to 13 days (!?!). Tonight, they have given me a firm delivery date of 23 December, which is 21 days after I ordered!

I am hoping for the best but not overly confident of getting it before Christmas.

Aldergrove - what did they tell you in their email?

6. patrik_f

patrik_f

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I got mine from TV and Video Direct, and they were extremely good!
    Highly recommended!

7. Loada

Loada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Have seen XBox on one (via component) and it was excellent. No motion blur (tried with Outrun2 so if ever a game was going to show motion blur, that was it...there was none).

8. philthunder

philthunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I tried to join the Tosh 32wl48 owners club last week, but my order with QED went pear shaped, their 14 day delivery time fell flat when Tosh could not give a delivery date, no stock, normally QED service is first class, so looking around the web I found Electrical World selling cheap. As their address was close to my work I took a walk there, no shop, no office, looks like a mailing address, beware unless you know otherwise! I took the testimonial of NICKHE and enquired with TV and Video Direct, most helpfull staff and in stock and one of the cheapest around £1299.95 and their five year guarantee is cheaper than QED so I ended up saving money over QED and they deliver Tuesday. The five year guarantee was £239.05 thats £300 cheaper than some dealers. With luck I can be giving my verdict next week, hope it lives up to what I have seen of it and all the owners praise, fingers crossed :lease:

9. Hungrystu

Hungrystu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Hi everybody!

Thanks to this forum, especially Mike's epic thread, I ordered a 32WL48 on Thursday from www.tvandvideodirect.co.uk. It came this morning and I'm really pleased with it. It's replacing my old Sanyo 28" which will retire to my parents house to replace their prehistoric box :D

Wee problem in that they over-charged me for delivery, but a quick phone call sorted that, and I decided to pay for the 5 year guarantee for peace of mind. At £200 I thought this was well worth it.

Anyways, I was wanting to post my thoughts on the TV regarding games consoles. I'm a bit of a collector, so I currently have a PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast and Saturn all connected through RGB scart, and an N64 and Snes thru Svideo. The picture is great for all but the Saturn - but this is probably down to the Scart cable. With RGB enabled the picture is shaky, disable RGB and it's rock solid - although composite-like fuzzy! Gonna invest in a new RGB lead for it.

Xbox looks great, but I'm waiting for my component cable from Play-asia to arrive so I'll post my thoughts when it does. I believe XBMC supports progressive scan mode for DVDs so I'll try that. Also waiting for a DC VGA box, so that should improve the DC picture no end. With the Gamecube being PAL and none of my PS2 games supporting prog-scan I'll have to stick to RGB I guess, but the picture really is excellent, no motion blur in GTA:SA or Rez.

All in all, a really top telly for games :thumbsup:

Stu

10. gpc1

gpc1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whats it like with TV or DVD.

Regards
    GPC

11. aldergrove

aldergrove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just placed my order with TV and Video Direct, very helpful and as I live 40 miles away am off to collect it today. £35 admin chage was a bit steep and more than delivery but at least I know when i am getting it!! Very helpful on the phone