Got my TIVO but........ have already have problem(s)

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Firstly no longer get RGB. Have my ITVDigital Nokia box set as RGB out and all the options I can find on the TIVO are set to PAL+RGB. But I no longer get RGB picture. When I switch TV to the RGB input all I get is sound, and no longer the nice lovely chrisp picture of a few hours ago :(

Secondly is there a way of scrolling through what programs are showing currently whilst you watch a program, ie scroll through channel listings whilst not changing channel

and finally for now, what code should I use for the IR setting for NOKIA box ? they all seem to be a little slow and unreliable, for instance changing to channel 1 followed by 2 results in getting channel 12

Any help ?

Can't help with the 1st or last questions, but you should be able to show the programme guide using the Live/Guide button.
Use the cursor to navigate on the page, and the channel up/down to change page. You can also select programmes to record from here.
Martin.

I get confused by this so I may be wrong with my thoughts here.

I think most stuff only has 1 RGB scart, so if you conect your RGB scarts between the TIVO & ITV DIg box you do not have an RGB scart for the TV.

I got a scart switching box from beyondhifi

http://www.beyondhifi.net/

It's the BTech thingy

http://www.beyondhifi.net/shopping/MoreInfo.asp?ProductID=565&CatID=251

Now I can plug an RGB VHS into it plus 2 other RGB sources, then it has RGB out to the TV, it also has another scart that is SVHS or Composite.

So I think that is what you need.

a RGB>>RGB--------->> >>COMPOSITE>>
ITV-------------------TIVO---------TV
b RGB >>COMPOSITE>> >> RGB------->>

Route a doesn't give you RGB coz you are taking the signal from the TIVOs composite scart, rout b don't do it coz the TIVO received the signal from it's composite port.

It appears that RGB passthrough is beyond the capabillity of manufacturers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom