Got my TIVO but........ have already have problem(s)

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by dUnKle, Jan 16, 2002.

Tags:
  1. dUnKle

dUnKle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,382
    Firstly no longer get RGB. Have my ITVDigital Nokia box set as RGB out and all the options I can find on the TIVO are set to PAL+RGB. But I no longer get RGB picture. When I switch TV to the RGB input all I get is sound, and no longer the nice lovely chrisp picture of a few hours ago :(

Secondly is there a way of scrolling through what programs are showing currently whilst you watch a program, ie scroll through channel listings whilst not changing channel

and finally for now, what code should I use for the IR setting for NOKIA box ? they all seem to be a little slow and unreliable, for instance changing to channel 1 followed by 2 results in getting channel 12

Any help ?

2. MartinB

MartinB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't help with the 1st or last questions, but you should be able to show the programme guide using the Live/Guide button.
    Use the cursor to navigate on the page, and the channel up/down to change page. You can also select programmes to record from here.
    Martin.

3. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I get confused by this so I may be wrong with my thoughts here.

I think most stuff only has 1 RGB scart, so if you conect your RGB scarts between the TIVO & ITV DIg box you do not have an RGB scart for the TV.

I got a scart switching box from beyondhifi

http://www.beyondhifi.net/

It's the BTech thingy

http://www.beyondhifi.net/shopping/MoreInfo.asp?ProductID=565&CatID=251

Now I can plug an RGB VHS into it plus 2 other RGB sources, then it has RGB out to the TV, it also has another scart that is SVHS or Composite.

So I think that is what you need.

a RGB>>RGB--------->> >>COMPOSITE>>
    ITV-------------------TIVO---------TV
    b RGB >>COMPOSITE>> >> RGB------->>

Route a doesn't give you RGB coz you are taking the signal from the TIVOs composite scart, rout b don't do it coz the TIVO received the signal from it's composite port.

It appears that RGB passthrough is beyond the capabillity of manufacturers