Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Got my sharp 32inch

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by scooby do, Nov 18, 2004.

Tags:
  1. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Pleased to report no faulty pixels. But have one problem with PC connection. Analogue D sub to DVI is fine but when I connect DVI to DVI the picture has over emphasized red. Not a colur balance issue because no amount of adjustment cures it. It was ok until I swapped back to analogue to see which I preffered but know I cannot get it to work DVI to DVI without the red tinge. Any ideas?

2. Skiny

Skiny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think other people have got DVI > DVI to work without problems, so maybe it's a problem with your TV?

Can you post pics of it?

3. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Sorted, faulty graphics card. Strange really as it was ok until I swapped back to analogue. Just tried another graphics card and all is well! Do you notice any difference between DVI & analogue? I cant see any. I am really impressed with this screem got windows runing at 1360 x 768 and the image is superb. Nebula digi TV looks great as well.

4. Skiny

Skiny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah thats good. Do you have the 32GA3E/4E series? Or the more expensive one?

How does it look when a PC is connected to it DVI > DVI?

I've never really compared analogue and digital side by side, but if you have the choice, obviously go with digital. I think a digital connection shows it's advantages with higher resolution screens, and when it comes to interference from other electrical things.

5. APC

APC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great to hear you got it sorted. May I ask: are you using Powerstrip, and if so, what settings did you find worked well with the Sharp at that resolution?

Cheers.

6. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I have the GA4E. Cant really comment on picture quality between analogue & digital because of the problems I had last night ran out of time. Both are awesome, desktop is as good as 17 inch TFT LCD. I am seriously impressed. With regards to powerstrip I am using one of the predefined settings. Looked slightly blurry until I let the Sharp do the auto centering thing and it is truly superb.

7. liteswap

liteswap
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think I might be buying one of those either today or Monday.

Only one of the online retailers reckoned they were getting some in within the week (www.tvandvideodirect.com) -- and they also allow you to buy now and pay later. Stuff the money into an interest-bearing account for six months and get an even bigger discount -- works out to another £25 off!