1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got my sharp 32inch

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by scooby do, Nov 18, 2004.

1. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Pleased to report no faulty pixels. But have one problem with PC connection. Analogue D sub to DVI is fine but when I connect DVI to DVI the picture has over emphasized red. Not a colur balance issue because no amount of adjustment cures it. It was ok until I swapped back to analogue to see which I preffered but know I cannot get it to work DVI to DVI without the red tinge. Any ideas?

2. Skiny

Skiny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think other people have got DVI > DVI to work without problems, so maybe it's a problem with your TV?

Can you post pics of it?

3. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Sorted, faulty graphics card. Strange really as it was ok until I swapped back to analogue. Just tried another graphics card and all is well! Do you notice any difference between DVI & analogue? I cant see any. I am really impressed with this screem got windows runing at 1360 x 768 and the image is superb. Nebula digi TV looks great as well.

4. Skiny

Skiny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah thats good. Do you have the 32GA3E/4E series? Or the more expensive one?

How does it look when a PC is connected to it DVI > DVI?

I've never really compared analogue and digital side by side, but if you have the choice, obviously go with digital. I think a digital connection shows it's advantages with higher resolution screens, and when it comes to interference from other electrical things.

5. APC

APC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great to hear you got it sorted. May I ask: are you using Powerstrip, and if so, what settings did you find worked well with the Sharp at that resolution?

Cheers.

6. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I have the GA4E. Cant really comment on picture quality between analogue & digital because of the problems I had last night ran out of time. Both are awesome, desktop is as good as 17 inch TFT LCD. I am seriously impressed. With regards to powerstrip I am using one of the predefined settings. Looked slightly blurry until I let the Sharp do the auto centering thing and it is truly superb.

7. liteswap

liteswap
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think I might be buying one of those either today or Monday.

Only one of the online retailers reckoned they were getting some in within the week (www.tvandvideodirect.com) -- and they also allow you to buy now and pay later. Stuff the money into an interest-bearing account for six months and get an even bigger discount -- works out to another £25 off!