Got My PSP!

Yeah it looks pretty bad to me too, to be honest I've never really rated the build quality of Sonys machines, I know so many people that've had faulty PS1 / 2s myself included. One site has apparently reported anything between 90 and 180 mins as the battery life :eek: .

dont get me wrong i want one i really do because quite frankly there is NOTHING and i do mean nothing that interests me on any current nintendo console they just arent my bag at all.i will not be buying a psp with 90 mins to 180 actually 180 i wouldnt mind if that was the worse it could be games wise but 90 mins wtf is the point in that.

It's definately a case of hold fire on it. As things stand they seem too dodgy but if Sony decide to produce a decent quality machine then it will definately be worth getting. I agree though, the build quality of the PS2 is also rather poor, although mine has been working well for a good 3 + years without fault.

my ps2 is still kicking on now but isnt played as much as it used to be but the build quality on the original playstation was very suspect.

Ive got that video of the guys copy of ridge racer jumping out. I cant post it here coz its too big, but if you really want to see it i can send it to any one who wants it! Its 1.5mb.

He doesnt twist it or anything, and his fingers arent anywhere near the eject button.
I already checked for that. It just suddenly opens and the disk does a 360 out the drive!

Well that video looks very staged to me as if he was expecting it to come out so my guess is he did something to make it happen...

Andy

well, the fact that he had a camera rolling would make anyone beleive it was staged, but I think this had happened on many occasions before. Like I said, it cant be staged unless you have your finger on the eject button and at first i thought he did, but when you look closer and check where the eject is on the PSP you see that hes not touching it.

Also, even when you do open the drive, the disk shouldnt jump out like that. It should only stick out.

It wouldnt suprise me if this is another problem courtesy of sony.

Wont be buying one of the first batch then :rolleyes: It does seem that Sony console have poor build quality in general. The PS2 have always had a bad reputation for poor reliability of the DVD drive for exmple (So called Laser burn out)

I cant believe the disc flys out when you are playing it. How bad is that :rolleyes: Its a shame as it looks like a really nice unit.

lol, yeah after looking again, you can see him twisting it, but thats something you should account for when building a portable unit like the PSP.
When playing on the go, there will be some movement!

I think sony might have to reinburse all those who complain about this problem.

Well, mine has arrived at last! No dodgy pixels which is a good start! Currently got it plugged in as I assume I have to charge the battery for a while (anyone know how long it takes to fully charge it from new?). Will post some more impressions later. Looks VERY cool I have to admit!

Cheers
Andy

Quick question, should it come with a demo UMD disc as I can't see any sign of one!

Cheers,
Andy.

I have been tempted by the £320 bundle that Play-Asia are offering but does anyone know if they are customs friendly or not as I would rather pay a little more and get it off eBay from someone in the UK than get slapped with a £70 customs bill when it arrived.

Indiana Jones said:
I have been tempted by the £320 bundle that Play-Asia are offering but does anyone know if they are customs friendly or not as I would rather pay a little more and get it off eBay from someone in the UK than get slapped with a £70 customs bill when it arrived.
Last time I used them I got hit with cutoms charges of just under £40 on goods valued at just over £80 !! OUCH.

Thanks for that, will make sure I dont order anything over £18 from them then.

Sorry, the demo disk was exclussive to the shop where i got mine. Its a movie demo disk that shops use to show off the PSP's video capabilities.
Only way you can do that is to download that new Sony Mpeg 4 software and use it to make Mpeg 4 movies for your PSP's memory card. No UMD video yet!

Yeah but I can't even work out how to download that from the site it's all in Japanese funnily enough!

Cheers
Andy

Yeah. You have to pay for it too. This is one of the risks and drawbacks when you buy an import machine.
Since its not actually available in the US or UK, you cant expect any support for it in English.

Give me your opinion of this eBayer...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8156441862

He has so far listed 5 PSPs within the last 24 hours for the same price. When I first found his auction last night I was only moments away from buying one but things just dont add up, he only joined a few weeks ago, one of his feedback is a bought one and according to his latest feedback he bought a PSP for £400 from another ebayer so why would be be selling them for less than £200

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I deffinately wouldn't risk this (although the item has now been bought anyway)- can't say for sure but an obvious scam here is to buy one (notice what he's offering is exactly what he's selling i.e. PSP & RR5) take some photo's of the actual items so it looks authentic and then list some to sell at around £200. Then take the money and run. Like I say he could be genuine but it seems odd to buy one and then sell it (unused) for half the price. I notice he also bought a few DS's. As you say, one of the purchases is a free positive feedback Ebook (i.e. increase your feedback for free or next to nothing) and I notice that the others are all invalid items!

Exactly what I thought.

He had 3 listed last night and they all sold within a few hours and then he listed 2 this morning and now they are also gone. He never replied to my first message about how he was able to offer them so cheap but he did respond to my message this morning about what payment methods he took, just hope we are being paranoid otherwise he will have ripped off 5 people and made himself nearly £1000

As the old saying goes...."If it looks to good to be true, it probably is"

It's unlikely that he would be either:

A) be able to offer them this cheap (with free game!!) when his competetors are offering just the machine for around £345, and/or

B) sell them for such a low price when he could clearly make at least another £100 per item and still beat most of the competition who are selling them for more & do not include the game!

I know it's coming up to Christmas and it is the season for giving but noone would offer a package that has a clear EBay market price (at the moment) of £400, for less than £200! I fear the worst for the people who have bought these items. :(

He is back and has listed another 2 PSPs, how many does he have lol :laugh:

i had a quick root through ebay earlier and a fella had one with ridge racer free for 235 BUT it had no buy now option.he had buyer protection to the cost of 150 so if you did get ripped you would lose 100 to 150 and also had a ebay shop.im still not tempted by ebay though as if it looks to good to be true IT IS.i just hope no one from the forums who does get one of FLEAbay gets ripped off.

I found a website that can do a PSP Value Pack and Ridge Racer delivered for about £290 (not £311 like I posted earlier) which isnt too bad as the going price on eBay for the same is between £320 and £400 but it wouldnt get here until the new year and I wanted one to play over xmas so will keep an eye on eBay.

I am sure alot of the auctions on eBay are legit but it is getting harder and harder to spot the rippers, not all are as blatent as the one I mentioned above.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom