1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got my plasma, was it worth it

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jayzeer, Oct 6, 2004.

1. jayzeer

jayzeer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer 434 plasma. Overall am happy with the purchase but am not that technical & realise with lack of time on my hand due to new baby, all I really wanted was something to plug in & watch. I am living with problems around:

1. lip synching
    2. only RGB format appearing via SKY+ on input 1, this is my main starting point for viewing tv as I dont have terrestrial connection - picture is not quite right with the widescreen full formatting
    3. football, the grass appears 'animated' ie very green
    4. my DVD viewing now has a black bar at the top of the screen
    5. a decent slim floor stand costs >£500, getting one of those wide glass stands ruins the effect of having a slimline plasma

So I am now wondering why I didnt just get a Panasonic pe30 for simplicity of viewing or waiting for LCds to come of age....do others still feel that this large cash transaction has given them payback?

2. kangaroojack

kangaroojack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like a few adjustments will fix up your picture. Try changing the colour settings in your menu, you have dynamic, game,standard & movie. Try different setting until you find one that suits, you can paly around with the "user" settings as well, if you get lost just reset to factory defaults and start again. Pioneer tend to set there screens up with lots of colour and contrast, these normally have to be turned down. Also try different screen sizes/aspect ratio until you get the correct picture. You have one of the best screens on the market, but rubbish in equals more rubbish out. Try and get the best signal in that you can, ideally through HDMI/DVI if not at least component. I have the same screen with digital HD inputs and the picture is stunning.