Quantcast

Got my Pioneer 505 XDE

6022tivo

Novice Member
Anyways, I am now the proud owner of a Pioneer 505 XDE. And it is great.

For anyone else interested, Curry's have reduced the Price of the 505 XDE, yep XDE to £2497.

I grabbed a display model (Only manufactured 4 months ago) that is in great condition.

Got 10% off as it was display, and another 10% off as I took the extended warranty at £11.99 PCM (Cancelable at any time) covers most things, and much more than a John Lewis warranty.
Also as I have a Morgan Stanley CC, I get Currys vouchers £100 for £95, so that is another 5% off.

So for under 2K I have a 50" 505 XDE, it obviously came with the speakers and table swivel mount, but I have the wall mount ready and will be mounting it tomorrow.

I have been playing with it tonight, the freeview is as expected, not great. I tried a SW update, but non available. I assume either Pioneer have not updated, or have special weekends I must watch for. The EPG is slow and annoying.

My TiVo needs a little modifying, I have the Mode 0 hack running and the IICSET hack, so will change the values to get a better picture.

I did notice a improvement on AV1 than AV2, I don't know if both are wired up as RGB, will have to read the manual.

Computer VGA looks great, also the Xbox.. Will try the modded xbox tomorrow as I will set it in Hi Def resolution, but the standard xbox output looks fine and I am happy with this.

Anyways, time for bed, if anyone else has any ideas for increasing my 505XDE pleasure, please let me know. :lease:

Also if someone else is looking for a curry's 505XDE, St Helens has one 0870 6097470.

Just ordered a 505xde from Dixons (same warehouse as Curry's) for £2500 with speakers and stand. I think its a good deal. :clap:

Top Bottom