1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got my Pioneer 505 XDE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by 6022tivo, Sep 28, 2005.

1. 6022tivo

6022tivo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Anyways, I am now the proud owner of a Pioneer 505 XDE. And it is great.

For anyone else interested, Curry's have reduced the Price of the 505 XDE, yep XDE to £2497.

I grabbed a display model (Only manufactured 4 months ago) that is in great condition.

Got 10% off as it was display, and another 10% off as I took the extended warranty at £11.99 PCM (Cancelable at any time) covers most things, and much more than a John Lewis warranty.
    Also as I have a Morgan Stanley CC, I get Currys vouchers £100 for £95, so that is another 5% off.

So for under 2K I have a 50" 505 XDE, it obviously came with the speakers and table swivel mount, but I have the wall mount ready and will be mounting it tomorrow.

I have been playing with it tonight, the freeview is as expected, not great. I tried a SW update, but non available. I assume either Pioneer have not updated, or have special weekends I must watch for. The EPG is slow and annoying.

My TiVo needs a little modifying, I have the Mode 0 hack running and the IICSET hack, so will change the values to get a better picture.

I did notice a improvement on AV1 than AV2, I don't know if both are wired up as RGB, will have to read the manual.

Computer VGA looks great, also the Xbox.. Will try the modded xbox tomorrow as I will set it in Hi Def resolution, but the standard xbox output looks fine and I am happy with this.

Anyways, time for bed, if anyone else has any ideas for increasing my 505XDE pleasure, please let me know. :lease:

Also if someone else is looking for a curry's 505XDE, St Helens has one 0870 6097470.

2. telboy

telboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just ordered a 505xde from Dixons (same warehouse as Curry's) for £2500 with speakers and stand. I think its a good deal. :clap: