• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

got my new projector wooooo (thanks discounttv)

Edd9000

Established Member
Well, after waiting for the hd72 only to find out it wont work in my lounge, i decided on the hitachi 200, so a quick phone call later, i was off to pick up my optoma h79 :D LOL

well, i got stuck in snow, the drive took 9 hours, got home to find my current mount didnt like the h79, so had to take down to put up the lmp mount that came with it. so after a grueling day i finaly got it up and working.

must say im very impressed compared to my z2, ive never seen rainbow and still dont. still getting used to how much more 3d and dynamic it looks.

gotta say the service from discounttv was great, thanks for reading my drivel.

edd

Comer

Established Member
Better change your signature Edd:thumbsup:

Best of luck with your new toy, it should be a night and day improvement over the Z2

Cantona

Standard Member
EddThompson said:
Well, after waiting for the hd72 only to find out it wont work in my lounge, i decided on the hitachi 200, so a quick phone call later, i was off to pick up my optoma h79 :D LOL

Edd, why wouldn't the hd72 workk in your lounge? I'm thinking of getting this one. I was all set for the Z4 but I need ceiling mount mine and have read about the fan noise issue,,,plus since then i've read all about the hd72 being the dogs! I take it you're not seing any rainbows?

juniper

Established Member
EddThompson said:

well, i got stuck in snow, the drive took 9 hours, got home to find my current mount didnt like the h79, so had to take down to put up the lmp mount that came with it. so after a grueling day i finaly got it up and working.

must say im very impressed compared to my z2, ive never seen rainbow and still dont. still getting used to how much more 3d and dynamic it looks.

gotta say the service from discounttv was great, thanks for reading my drivel.

edd

Hi Edd - I have the same combo as you (3910 and H79 - H79 also acquired from good ol' discounttv:thumbsup: ). Are you using DVI or component as your feed?, and isn't the H79 absolutely awesome!:clap:

Edd9000

Established Member
ok, first why the hd72 wouldnt work, the farthest the top of my screen can come down from the ceiling is 12 inches, at the distance and screen size the hd72 needed the top of the screen to be 20 inches or so, and unfortunatly, i can not do that, at all, no flexibility :(

also, ive only ever seen rainbows on an early h30, and it never bothered me, i catch a glimpse of the odd one on the h79, but only when most of the screen is black, and there is a bright white object in the centre. im pretty colour blind, so my theory is it lessens the effect of the rainbows.

i use the dvi for the denon, thats why i bought it :) but i belive that is digital rgb, were as hdmi lets you use digital component, so i may try hdmi to dvi at a later date, just for fun.

edd

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom