1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

got my Loewe Aventos 3981 zw and got a picture adjustment problam

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Leifman, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Leifman

Standard Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    first of all i got my Loewe Aventos 3981 zw today weee :)
    but the problam i got i asume is realy easy to solve (if you know how)
    anyway thats the issue:
    the picture isnt 100% 16:9 on the widescreen mode, i mean the right side of the tv is abit more up then the left side of the tv...
    i used Picture rotation at the max (which is 15) and its ALMOST perfact... as in if there was a "20" limit on picture rotation and i could get it to abit above 15 i would set it perfact.
    its kinda annoying if you watch a movie with subs, when a subtitle starts higher and ends abit lower...
    all i want to know is if theres a way in my loewe to change the tv rotation abit more without opening the tv and playing with some part there behind (tech dude did it with my old toshiba and fixed the old toshiba...)
    i heard that my loewe got a service menu and i asume it might be done from there, so thanks in advance to who ever can help me
  2. Lester

Mar 4, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Oop North
    Hi Leifman...you can indeed make the necessary adjustments in the Service Menu - I did so myself.

To enter the Service Menu:

Press the Menu button on the front of the TV (circular arrow symbol)
    Scroll down to "Service" and *QUICKLY* press "M" on the remote control

This brings up the Service Menu.

Select "Geometry" and the first item in this sub-menu is "Rotation". Make your adjustments and press "OK" to save them.

Be careful not to adjust anthing you are unsure about because you can get in a hell of a mess. It's always best to make a note of whatever you change before making the changes.

Good luck.