Got my HD745 and I have a question

vicbarry

Established Member
Reaction score
Righto, got my Samsung 745, great pic etc.etc. but!!

When it comes to scaling (over DVI) I can only scale to 2 res's on PAL (480p and 1080), and if i switch the display on the 745 to NTSC i can scale to the 3 res's, 480/720/1080. Is there any reason I can only scale to 2 resolutions on the PAL.

Obviously watching a PAL dvd on NTSC playback provides a little skip now and again. Im using the 745 with a Sony HS20, hacked with the remote code.

vicbarry said:
Righto, got my Samsung 745, great pic etc.etc. but!!

When it comes to scaling (over DVI) I can only scale to 2 res's on PAL (480p and 1080), and if i switch the display on the 745 to NTSC i can scale to the 3 res's, 480/720/1080. Is there any reason I can only scale to 2 resolutions on the PAL.

Obviously watching a PAL dvd on NTSC playback provides a little skip now and again. Im using the 745 with a Sony HS20, hacked with the remote code.

Are you sure you have chosen the right DVI input type on the HS20?

I'll test that tonight with my HS10... and yes it's skipping a bit when you play a PAL DVD with NTSC settings.

Cheers McE. Its fine watchin PAL in 1080, but i should be able to watch in 720 too. Thanks for checking it out later. Appreciate it!

vicbarry said:
Cheers McE. Its fine watchin PAL in 1080, but i should be able to watch in 720 too. Thanks for checking it out later. Appreciate it!

Hmm I can scale 576p/480p, 720p and 1080i in PAL and NTSC with my HS10 :confused: I've set it to Video GBR because most res. are distorted in computer mode.

yeah, mine is on the gbr too. thing is i WAS able to scale to 720, before i put in the hack. Interesting. Any one else? Does the DVI Mode ( A or B ) make any difference?

Hmm, finally some more people having the same problems I have being posting lately, thing is now I can´t go further than 570p pal o Ntsc some weird things with DVi sets and HD745.

:smashin: Wellk the HD745 was not the one given me problems I received today a new Sharp 26 and everything is back to normal, one thing I discovered be aware when you plug a PC on the Sharp cause in my case I could no go back to the original set in resolution of the TV, that was all here now I can go to 720p or 1080i whenever i want :thumbsup:

Cool!

But as I said before I never ever had problems switching between my pc (nvidia 6800GT) and the HD745. Those Mac's... ;)

btw. I hooked up my pc again last night and watched Lord of the Rings 3 with WinDVD on my DVD-Burner.

This is not supposed to be HDTV or something BUT the picture was ultra sharp and clear, perfect contrast and in any way better than the 720p DVI Samsung picture (after some tweaking)!!

Why is that? I think I'm going to buy a silent barebone system with some media center on it...

(Gainward Nvidia 6800GT GS DVI output, LG 4160 Burner)

What is your estimated cost for this system MCE ?

Might try my PC (Radeon 9800 pro) to see how the PQ improves.

Quite happy with the Samaung though.

MickyGee said:
What is your estimated cost for this system MCE ?

Might try my PC (Radeon 9800 pro) to see how the PQ improves.

Quite happy with the Samaung though.

my system costs a lot of money... All in all I paid about 4000Euros for everything. But I love it and I buy every half year a new pc and sell the "old" one...

some pictures I took in my office before I used it for Home Cinema: http://www.pbase.com/mcerono/h20_system sorry for the mess ;)

the 3 120mm "papst"-fans and the radiator are in the top of the case and adjustable over the fan control. @500rpms you almost can't here them anymore... the fan inside the system is a 80mm papst and is needed because the FSB is overclocked from 200mhz to 250mhz (= 4Ghz) and the mainbord's chipset is getting to hot without any cooling.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom