• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Got My Copy of MotorStorm Today

F

FullMetalAlchy

OMG It rocks anybody who hasn't got it, get it it feckin awesome....

Somehow they made it even better than demo.... Its total carnange!!!!!

The online is getting released as a patch for the Japanese Version..... So no need to wait.....

Anybody who was wondering what the PS3 has under its hood, just look no further a truly jaw dropping 1st Gen PS3 title.... (My 360 my never see the light again)....

Well done to Evolution a UK development team making the best PS3 title yet by far

:clap:

_Belial

Jammy sod :p

Mine's still flying from HK according to DHL tracking :(

Hope the multi patch comes out soon though, seems such a shame to let people get bored of the game before they release a multi patch.

F

FullMetalAlchy

To be honest I don't think the patch will be released till February at the earliest..... But we'll be that damm good at it then that will be kicking everyones butt (the US and Europe) by then lol...

Is the online multiplayer patch def gonna come out??(source??) cos i don't really wannt to waste money rebuying it when it comes out in US/Europe with the multiplayer option

twen

Do you have any piccy's of the full version graphics etc ?

Also is it in Japanese or can it be switched to english ?

F

FullMetalAlchy

It said in Japanese release details, my Japanese teacher read for me (I study Japanese at Uni). That Motorstorm is not online YET. From that we can assume that a patch will be released for the online element. Evoluiton Studies have also gone an record,stating that extensive extra content will be available like course and cars....

We this level of attention and the fact that it is the number 1 selling PS3 game in Japan it would make sense to say that the online element will not be exclusive to the US and Europe versions of the game.

It is all hersay, I don't have firm proof from the developers themselves... But I am pleased with the single player version of the game, only this worth what I paid for it.....

psikey

Distinguished Member
As asked above, is it in English or easy to navigate through menues? Mines also on it's way and I paid less than £25 for it.

F

FullMetalAlchy

It is in English Audio with Japanese subtitles, aslo the menus are pretty is to navigate (they are in English).....

Can't be bothered taking photos as there are plenty around which will better than the ones I take lol (I just tried and the flash was reflecting of the screen and I don't now how to turn the flash off)

Widge

ign.com have a hands-on with the Jap copy. They say that its suffering from being pushed out too quickly, but once we get our releases over here it'll be the bomb. They're saying its REALLY impressive.

F

FullMetalAlchy

I am taking some photos now guys (well my pops is taking them I am playing lol)

F

FullMetalAlchy

They are not very good photos but here you go

PC190003.jpg

PC190004.jpg

PC190008.jpg

F

FullMetalAlchy

Dude don't be saying stuff about my pops :p

is it alright to add you dude to my PSNetwork

midknight

Distinguished Member
The review over at ign was not too good - I have one on the way from Japan - I cannot imagine it will change too much from the Japanese version to the US one (except for the multiplayer) will it?

F

FullMetalAlchy

tbh I think that the single player game is set "as is". They are developing the online side of things atm, rigorous play tests are required for the game which is extremely physics heavy.

F

FullMetalAlchy

My local import shop are really good, they get all the new titles a couple of days after release (I pre-odered my copy from them).

Failing that I sometimes use Renchi.com

psikey

Distinguished Member
@FullMetalAlchy

You can but I rarely play online. The little time I get to play is usually doing the single player route (wife & kids limit my play time :( )

tonedef

FullMetalAlchy Im well impressed that your studying Japanese at uni. Im also learning to speak the language but from cd's and books. There culture is amazing and hope to get out there one day and experience it.

I know this is tottaly of topic so sorry to everyone.

Can I ask what you hope to do with you Degree once you finish?

I have added you online hope you dont mind?

F

FullMetalAlchy

No worries mate thanks for the add mate......

I am planning to take part in the JET scheme and teach English for a few years. My "perfect job" would be translating texts, its an art in itself. I love the Japanese writing system, people seems to think that it is a vague language. "I', "You" "We" are omitted were ever possible and sentences often appear subjectless, this is of course untrue. Japanese can be as detailed as any language, it likes to let the listener fill in the blanks which are quite obvisous given the context of the sentence.

I'll stop there before I bore everyone with languag talk lol....

F

FullMetalAlchy

mine turned up this afternoon too. Just putting the kids down for the night before I get a chance to play.

Mr Plumb you got to check out the track "Grizzly" the best track on any game period..... Its immense, so many routes and tons of carnage......

Enjoy

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom