1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got my ae200 (pics in side)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by phlashman, Apr 17, 2003.

1. phlashman

phlashman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

got my ae200 2 days ago. I just thought I'd give you some words about it and I've got a few pics.

Bascially It's really good. I'm no expert but it does fine for me watching sky, playing games (xbox, gamecube) and watching DVD's

It's connected though scart and looks fantasic it's about 170cm wide and I sit about 3.5 meters away and I can't see any screen door. But the closer you are to it the more you can see it.

I'm projecting it on a Wilkos Pure brilliant white painted wall but plan on trying a few different paint and maybe even some screens.

Photos:

the first few are really naf and Out of focus cus I didn't use the camera very well. But I got some better ones dun on page 3.

http://www.britxbox.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4141&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

It's a rubbish setup compared to some of your lots but for my common tastes its fantastic.

2. Klippie

Klippie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    phlashman,

Good stuff the pics look really good.

When it comes to projectors there is nothing to beat a large wide screen image.

By the way your setup is far from rubbish some people will never have the setup you do.

You will find lots of info on how to get the best from your projector within this forum just do a search.

Have fun.....

Klippie.

3. Mike

Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good one, nothing wrong with the AE200, I had the AE100 great image for a entry level projector, have just sold it and upgraded to the AE300 pic is STUNNING

Have fun with the AE200 you will have years of enjoyment !!

Mike

4. rogeralpine

rogeralpine
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mike - was the upgrade worthwhile then? What sort of price did you get for your 100?

5. Mike

Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeh the 300 is way better than the 100, with Panasonics "smooth screen technology" the 300 sits out on it own.
    I was very impressed with the 100 as an entry level machine and had a heep of enjoyment with it !!
    The things I like about the 300 is:
    -Can "fine tune" the grey scale ( Panasonic call it colour temp ) I find from fatory the grey scale has a slight "yellow" look about it.
    - Smooth screen tech ( can bealey see the pixels )
    - Higher contrast ratio
    - brighter picture
    - SD card ( great for my digital cam )
    - Gamma correction
    - 3 memory settings
    - DVI input
    Dislikes
    The PT-AE100 had a great feature called S1-S2 mode on aspect select this was an Auto 4:3/16:9 mode when playing DVD's etc,eg promos and extras etc are often in 4:3 but movie in 16:9 the 100 auto switched formats...........the 300 does NOT do this, I was very suprized this great feature was not included in the higher end model !!

Cheers
    Mike

6. Mike

Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh sorry got NZ$3400 for the 100 they retailed for NZ$4995 7mths ago....but got mine a trade price for NZ$3500 did ok with it !!!

7. rogeralpine

rogeralpine
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Mike - have to consider whether an upgrade is on the cards - very tempted tbh!