Got money, got impatience... Anything to wait for ?!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by db298, Nov 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. db298

db298

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi there. This isn't a 'recommend me an LCD' thread - they drive me crazy... I've done lots of research already and settled on the Hitachi 7200, or the Panny D500 (or at the outside, the Sony KDL-V32A12U).

However, the issue is this - I have credit to the tune of £1350 from an insurance claim, to spend with John Lewis. I want a 32" LCD - it cannot be any bigger as it would no-longer achieve the necessary WAF (wife acceptance factor :D ) It must be HD, and I'd like the option of putting a PC through in the future. It must also look as good as possible with SD, as I'm not going to be an early $ky adopter.

So my question is this: the money is burning a hole in my pocket :rolleyes: . Should I take the plunge now ? I think I could hold on until perhaps February if I knew I was going to get something a lot better - either in saving a heap of cash to buy one of these same screens, or to get something of a significantly higher spec.

So, time to crystal ball gaze people - what would you do, and bearing in mind my estimated maximum patience - what should I do ?!

2. rhubarbe

rhubarbe
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    We all know what waf stands for mate. That's lesson no. 1 ;)

Go for the 32ld700

3. clash33

clash33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in a similar position, I am awaiting the start of SLY HD service to see what LCD comes out on top using a so far un-tested SLY feed. All the tests done to date a from known HD material, what we will get from SLY could be poor to fantastic. All will be revealed around FEB 2006 :rolleyes:

4. hiphopapotamus

hiphopapotamus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    im waiting, ive realised i should just buy the xbox 360 and get a better tv later

5. graviton

graviton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the same position as DB298 but also have WCATBTSTM problem - Wife Champing At The Bit To Spend The Money.

Wondering whether the wise call is to buy a cheap 26 now and wait for better technology, including 1:1 PC pixel mapping, in say 12-18 months time.

Hell it took 60 years to get to the end of the CRT improvement curve. Don't think we should wait that long though. :rolleyes:

6. Scoobiesnacks

Scoobiesnacks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    The new Philips Clear LCD technology which won the best screen award in EISA awards this year, isn't going to be released til next year so it may be worth hanging around for. Those who have seen it say it is a marked improvement on the current crop of screens.
    You'll likely get a lot more for your money next year, prices will fall. Most of the population can't pay 1000+ for a tv, so it will have to happen.