got me a plasma ( panny TH42PV500 WAL )

stuartam_81

Standard Member
Reaction score
ok, finally got a plasma screen a panasonic TH42PV500 WAL, went to the shop to pick it up and guess what it dosn't fit in the car ( how big is that box ) so they are going to try and delever it this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

i did bring home the wall mount and the free dvd rw, so hopefully i can get the wall mount installed before it arives but i need some uber fixings.

whats best to fix the wall mount to a brick wall ( above the fire place )?

any other advice welcome ( this is my 1st plasma )

best regards

ps will post pics when i have it setup :D

how much did you pay .?

if u dont mind me asking

If you could post some side on pics, stuartam 81, that would be great. Would really like to see how far off the wall it sits.
:)

£2300 with 3 years warranty + free dvd rw from the 'shop@panasonic' in leicester ( the guys in the shop where very helpfull and know there stuff ).

had to pay £10 for delivery dam thats a big box ;)

regards

thanks mate giving them a ring

im from leicester i ll definalty give them a shout

do you know how many they got in stock

sorry m8 i dont know how many they got, i would guess they had a few thow.

back to the fixings, do you think 10 5mm X 80mm screws would do for the wall bracket ?

Stuartam 81 i love you man....

spoke to a bloke called kevin shop@leicester same deal as u deliverey tomorrow afternoon .... wooo ho ......

i love u....... (im not gay)

lets speak about fixing what do u require screws dont they provide it with the wall bracket ..... how many do you need

get the biggest screws/rawl plugs you can find that will fit through the holes in the wall mount. As long as you feel a good fix (ie screw doesnt keep turning and never go tight) any decent screws should be fine. If your worried try hanging off it, if it holds you it will hold the plasma!
Also im sure youve read here keep the contrast down low-ish for the first 200 or so hours and then get ISF calibration.

stuartam_81 said:
sorry m8 i dont know how many they got, i would guess they had a few thow.

back to the fixings, do you think 10 5mm X 80mm screws would do for the wall bracket ?

I would fit the screen with the metal rawl plug bolts that have nuts on the end, thats what i used for a 26" tv, goes into the brick work and expands, would use plastic raw plugs and screws. NO Way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used 100mmlength 10 mm wide. Worked very well.

cool m8, you should go into the shop the hidef setup is very nice indeed :D

here are some pics of the bracket:

wb1.jpg

wb2.jpg

wbinst1.jpg

should have the screen in a few hours :D

thanks for the reply's about the fixings, will be going to b&q as soon as the screen is here :D

told you it was a big box:

bigbox.jpg

cant wait...... b and q .... go there tomorrow got to go work

orignally placed my order with av-sales .."2373.52 with wall bracket dvd recorder standard 1 year manufacture garuntee...

shop@panasonic 3 years does that included 1 years manufacture 2 years additional or
1 year manufacture 3 years additional forgot to ask...

cant wait ....... im going what greyhorse said 100mm length 10 mm wide ..

**** cant find my drill . time ring up some friends ... i hope when they deliver willing go to the loft .... .... .... yeah baby ... yeah ! dont know how i am going hide my wiring ....

any suggestions got solid wall brick ?

yeah stuartam 81 set up a DIY thread and link us all to it (in the diy home cinema forums) im very interested!

hi guys i'm not far from leciester do y know how much they were letting the 37 pv m500 go for-cheers

ps and did they have any in stock thanks

ok m8 just sent them email to see ,got to go out now so i might give them a ring if they have't got back

cheers

kitchentv.jpg

tvbolt.jpg

cool, just mounted the wall bracket, and now waiting for some m8's to come over to help lift it out the box and onto the wall.

will post more pics later tonight.

best regards

just got this email from shop@panasonic in leicester

Hi
Thank you for your email we are currently selling the Panasonic TH37PV500
For the following
TH37PV500WAL £2050.00 Including wall bracket Free DMRES10 DVD recorder.3
year Warranty On Plasma Panel.

TH37PV500PED £2100.00 Including pedestal stand Free DMRES10 DVD Recorder.3
year Warranty On Plasma Panel.

TH37PV500CAB £2400.00 Including cabinet stand Free DMRES10 DVD Recorder.3
Year Warranty on Plasma Panel.

Plus also 10 months interest free credit with 20% deposit and subject to
status.

We currently have in stock the wall bracket and cabinet stand options. The
pedestal version will be in stock within the next 2-3 weeks.

If you require any more information then please call me on 0116 2540600

not a bad deal with 3 year warranty and 10 months interest,i want pedastal
stand so looks like i might have to wait-hopfully price might have come down a little bit more

cheers all

stuartam_81 said:
told you it was a big box:

bigbox.jpg

What size is the box in height and length, pick mine up so want to know what vehicle i will need :)

greyhorse said:
What size is the box in height and length, pick mine up so want to know what vehicle i will need :)

I thought that the pic made the box look small, with no obvious sense of scale to anything. Then I noticed the door and how close the box xomes to the door handle. That's a plenty big box! :D

sparky that looks like a great deal, and i would imagine that jl will price match so thats a 5 year warranty

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom