1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got me a 2405FPW

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by NicolasB, Aug 18, 2005.

1. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +567
    Today you may enjoy the staggeringly rare site of nicolasb in a state approximating to contentment. As a reward for ten years of loyal service (well, ten years of service, anyway) and after some haggling and moral blackmail :devil:, my company has given me a Dell 2405FPW monitor as a 10th anniversary gift.

It's really rather lovely. :)

My current PC is too old to make the best use of it - GeForce 3 card with no DVI output, only VGA - but even so, taking a few old games for a spin yesterday (Black and White, Deus Ex, Civ 3) at a resolution of 1920x1080 they all looked just stunning. Wonderfully sharp, nice bright colours. The brightness is outrageously high - a shade too much even at the zero setting - and there seems to be a hint of backlight leakage in the corners, but I can live with that.

Now I just need a new PC to make the most of it. :smoke:

2. Dazzle

Dazzle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    10 years service and you get a much sought after branded LCD TV. Who do you work for!!! I want a job there... :D :smashin:

I know people at our place that have worked for the company for over 35 years, and all they have gotten is a bunch of flowers and an unwelcome kiss from a Senior Manager. :rolleyes: