1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got May 506xde - WOW!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Vipers, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Vipers

Vipers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +620
    Well after what seems like months of deliberating, first between LCD & Plasma, then between Panasonic and Pioneer I got my 506xde delivered this wednesday, after two days of playing with it I just wanted to let people know that this really is an awesome screen :thumbsup:

When spending that kind of money I was worried I hadn't made the right choice, first I was going for the 43inch but at the last minute changed to the 50inch, Then I was worried that sitting only 9ft away would be too close, but it is perfect.

Then you read about the dead pixel problem, but again not something that I've noticed, or screen judder, it can't be praised enough :clap:

I bought it from Peter Tyson, fantastic service with next day delivery and the Denon 1920 and side speakers that were out of stock arrived today, two day later, can't wait to see what the HDMI feed looks like.

Hooked it up to my PC last night to run soem Hi Def, again it looked stunning and that was only running it through an ordinary cable, got a DVI - HDMI cable ordered, hopefully should look even better.

So I thought I'd just post my thoughts as I know when I was researching It really helped to see what people thought. I really thought when I first got the screen the picture would be a bit ropey untill bedded in, especially with the contrast and colour turned down to protect the screen but it's great,especially the freeview picture, which craps on Sky+, and that's without a new digital ariel.

So there we go, everyone needs a pioneer 43/506xde :smashin:

Cheers,
    Vipers.

2. Jim_Fear

Jim_Fear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Got any pictures?

3. Vipers

Vipers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +620
    Not Yet, Waiting for some new furniture to put it on, comming Tuesday, then I'll post some pics.

4. Jim_Fear

Jim_Fear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Hehe, I need something proper to put my PV500 on, looks like a trip to Ikea is in the pipeline

5. kamaran

kamaran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    post some pics anyway - then some more after you have it on the furniture :)

6. Ibizaonice

Ibizaonice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    YEAH come on, post pictures dude ! :thumbsup: