GOT lots of £££ but which pj? hs20?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jamiev, May 15, 2004.

1. jamiev

jamiev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    got 1.5k to spend now on pj. going to go 4 hs20 but concerned about throw and mounting.
    want to view from 11 foot away! any probs?
    want to mount on shelf on back wall or on ceiling mount?
    any tips?
    any diy mounts?

:cool:

thanks

2. terminal santa

terminal santa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just done the very same thing, bought a HS20 and well impressed. Also bought the sony ceiling mount for it and it does a fantastic job, even if it is a pain to install....

My throw is about 11' and i get approx a 6' wide screen......just projecting onto lining paper at the moment :rolleyes: but setting up the image so i can order the perfectly sized screen.

Gotta be said, the HS20 has blown my socks off - but maybe because i just wasn't expecting such a nice piccy from such a small investment and the mount was 200 extra from a local sony centre...

3. o0OBoBO0o

o0OBoBO0o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    terminal santa

I hope you can help, I am trying to find out some info about the HS20, what is the vertical distance (roughly) between the centre of the HS20 lens and the top of your screen. The reason for asking is that I am trying to work out what length lmp mount to buy

Many Thanks

BoBBoB

4. terminal santa

terminal santa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jamiev

With the projector mounted upside down from the ceiling, the top of the lense is in line with the top of the screen (which i must confess found a bit bizarre at first)....anyway, with the projector mounted about 27 cm's from the ceiling (with the sony mount) the image is displayed on the screen at the same height.

The imaga is being thrown without any use of side shot or other electronic corrections and looks amazing on a high contrast grey draper screen i got from purple cat (£190ish + VAT)

Hope this helps

5. o0OBoBO0o

o0OBoBO0o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks for the help terminal santa :clap: I need the screen to be as close to the ceiling as possible so the shorter the mount the better :thumbsup:

jamiev you might want to look at the lmp mounts, by all accounts these are very good and the service received is excellent and finally the price is very reasonable (about £110) http://www.lmp-pc.co.uk/mounthome.shtml

BoBBoB