got logitech z5500 today, few questions

supergeek

Prominent Member
Reaction score
managed to connect everything up (thankfully!), but i was just wondering:

1) When connecting up my iphone, i only seem to get sound out of the front three speakers - am i using to wrong connection/ leads?

EDIT: Changing 'effect' to "PLII music" seems to fix this :)

2) I have a ps3 and 360 with the red and white connections, optical leads will come tommorrow but i was just wondering how i connect this up in the meantime?

3) It says to keep the sub 60cm away from other electrical devices such as monitors etc: Is this too close?

zvubuo.jpg

from the sub to the top of the desk it's 32cm :s
thanks

Last edited:
hey mate, hows the sound quality like, you pleased?

blimey the sub is massive:eek:, i think the distance between the sub and the monitor is fine

hey mate, hows the sound quality like, you pleased?

blimey the sub is massive:eek:, i think the distance between the sub and the monitor is fine

they sound really good! had to give em a rest for a while because my ears are now KILLING me but i gess thats a good sign lol :D Does the control center count as an 'electrical device' that can interfere with the sub? :confused: Yeah hopefully the distance is ok, measures to about 40cm which is 2/3 of the recommended distance :rolleyes: But anyway I was very pleasantly suprised, staring at the big sub is the best part :D

if i be honest, your getting too worried...though if you dont mind me saying, i think to get a better suround out of it , and for looks, you should wallmount em,?

wont even cost ya , £3 quid.....

these days, the wall is the new gaff haha!

if i be honest, your getting too worried...though if you dont mind me saying, i think to get a better suround out of it , and for looks, you should wallmount em,?

wont even cost ya , £3 quid.....

these days, the wall is the new gaff haha!

no i'm greatful for the advice :thumbsup: yeah was thinking about wallmounting when i was setting them up today, does doing so make serious marks on the wall? If it was my house i wouldn't care but unfortunately it's rented :rolleyes:

if it's rented then might be best to ask, but you're only going to be making a couple of small holes, easily sorted in the decoration between tenants ;)

Either that or try Velcro :smashin:

hey, ermm...2 holes per speaker....i suppose you should just think of it as hanging some pictures up lol...

nah..its okay, once you've drilles the holes, they can always be fillered in very easily....though i wouldnt of thought that the land lord would cause a too much of a fuss? how long have you been renting that flat for?

very easy to convert a setup into a very stylish one, simplicity is the word...thats what ive gathered anyway,

oh and i got mine today lol...delivery was expected friday,,i even optedc for super save delivery, only ordered them saturday haha, i think they are worth the money, but still missing something, which is what i also felt about my z5400, i dont think its possible to own the ''best'' speakers is it?
so i think i will just stick with the z5500 for a long time, as i wasnt expecting the arrival of them, i will be wall mounting them tommorow, i shall post up some piccies if you want? so ya the ''damage'' lol..one funny thing though, i had both my speaker systems powered up (z5400+z5500) when i pressed the power button on the z5500 control, it controlled both of the speaker systems lol, was quite scary,,
i thought it was a message from the z5400 ''dont replace me, we work without the remote'':rotfl::rolleyes:

Last edited:
did you order from ebuyer? I ordered sunday and got them on tuesday too! So much for the free delivery estimating that they would come on friday lol :D Overall I have to say i'm very impressed, would agree there is something missing that i can't quite put my finger on but as an upgrade to my old £15 speakers, they sound great :D Yup put some piccies up if you can! lol as if it controlled both the speaker systems :rotfl:

did you order from ebuyer? I ordered sunday and got them on tuesday too! So much for the free delivery estimating that they would come on friday lol :D Overall I have to say i'm very impressed, would agree there is something missing that i can't quite put my finger on but as an upgrade to my old £15 speakers, they sound great :D Yup put some piccies up if you can! lol as if it controlled both the speaker systems :rotfl:

lol, yeh ebuyer, delivery was estimated FRIDAY lol, come home, saw the rectangular box, ''nah..naaahh...but yes it was''....
lucky i didnt opt for the next day delivery which what they cheekily automatically tick haha..normally in such wether conditions deliveries arent even leaving the depot's, let alone being 3 days EARLY haha, got my new sofa coming thursday, they arrived on monday (the day of the ice age) but they were stuck at the top of the road, live in a hilly area, so they had to go back, coming tommorw now.oops:spam: lol...sorry back on topic :devil:

and yeh i will get some piccies up (come home from work at 6.30pm, than some guy wants me to post some piccies up arghh,,Only messin lol)

and SERIOUSLY , did control both, :rolleyes:

one problem is that, i wanted to postion the speaker in at an angle. but the bloody things only rotate one way:suicide::lesson:

p.s reguards to the delievery muck up, i would advise to check your account to see if they charged the full wack lol...know i am!!

It looks like the desk is blocking the subwoofer port.

It looks like the desk is blocking the subwoofer port.

what do you mean by the subwoofer port? the left side? would it help if i moved it more into the middle? Tried to keep it to the left as the monitor is to the right and I wanted to keep the distance between them as large as possible

The sub will not interfere with your monitor at all. It is just a precaution for people with CRTs. Give the port as much breathing room as you can; a lot of air passes in and out of it.

The sub will not interfere with your monitor at all. It is just a precaution for people with CRTs. Give the port as much breathing room as you can; a lot of air passes in and out of it.

oh cool, would you reccommend putting it in the middle then?

Has anyone used the boost function yet? Apparently if you turn it all the way up to 11:devil:, there is a :rolleyes: enhanced maximum level.

I'm in a mid terraced house at the moment so havent tried it :thumbsdow

Has anyone used the boost function yet? Apparently if you turn it all the way up to 11:devil:, there is a :rolleyes: enhanced maximum level.

I'm in a mid terraced house at the moment so havent tried it :thumbsdow

as it happens, was one of the 1st things i did when i powered it up, i kept turnin the dial, it kept going 360 degress round lol. than bang, it come up boost, theres a few levels of boost , (didnt stick aroundto count how many lol) had about a 3 second listen and shoved it down again haha, its pretty bloody loud, would sound wicked if ithey were placed in a 8x8 meter room with the ful boost lol, of course suitable sound proofing will be required:eek:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom