• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Got loads of .img/.iso DVD files. How to add to MPortal?

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member

Maxamus

Looks like they dont, but they do mention renaming them from img to iso...

Thanks for that but i managed to get both ISO and IMG files working in MediaPortal using Deamon Tools.

The 1st problem i encountered was that MediaPortal's own built in media player (the one i use to play ALL my movies) would not play them (i would select the file but nothing would happen even though it was mounted in Deamon Tools) so i had to change settings in MP (to use external player - media player classic) to play the files :thumbsdow

The problem with that is that i cant use my MS remote controller with iso/img files in MP :thumbsdow

And the other thing is that when MP lists the files it shows the file extensions aswell (like Brotherhood of the Wolf.img) which is a bit annoying to say the least :thumbsdow

So all in all :thumbsdow

Last edited:

MartinH32

And the other thing is that when MP lists the files it shows the file extensions aswell (like Brotherhood of the Wolf.img) which is a bit annoying to say the least :thumbsdow

So all in all :thumbsdow

You should be able to add the file to the database (using IMDB or the config tool) and then view by title and not 'shares'. You should not see the extension that way

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member
You should be able to add the file to the database (using IMDB or the config tool) and then view by title and not 'shares'. You should not see the extension that way

Also check MP config, general, and tick hide file extensions like .mp3 .avi

Maxamus

I cant seem to add them to database (i think because they are iso/img files) for some reason. I've tried scanning the folder in MP config but what happens is deamonTools starts up and mounts the image and then in MP all i get is a "find" screen which just lists the contents of the img/iso file like the audio folder or video folder.

I always like to use "shares view" because i have my films set up so that its "blu-ray", "divx", "DVD". Then i know what quality im looking at and i like to have files split by they file extension.

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member
is there a special way to add .ISo/IMG files to the database?

I have a few (20?) hiDef ISO images, and they all parse correctly in MP. Have you added the .iso as an extension in MP config?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom