Got It

holty2503

Hi all just got home and my SkyHD is all installed and running and all i can say is WOW, i am so happy with it, im just watching BBC HD and it is stunning.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DaddyDee

Novice Member
Haha, its great isn't it? I got mine installed yesterday, it was a surprise birthday gift from the wife. :)

Can I just ask, how does the hard drive sound, any ticking or scratching noises coming from it? Mine has and I have an engineer coming to see it on Thursday.

holty2503

No i don't seem to have any noises coming from the harddrive but i do have a 5 foot fish tank behind me with two filters running, so dought i would here it anyway.:)

Giblets2

Novice Member
Blimey! How big a tank must that be for a 5 foot fish!? :eek: ;) :rotfl:

Bachstrad

Novice Member
No i don't seem to have any noises coming from the harddrive but i do have a 5 foot fish tank behind me with two filters running, so dought i would here it anyway.:)
Noisy filters? Must be Fluval! Get Eheims! You know it makes sense! :D

ATB

Max

holty2503

Thats right mate it is the Fluval thats noisey, and the other filter is a Eheim canister which is fine.:D

Bialykot

Standard Member
I also like the picture quality - but am on my second box due to the hard drive and fan noise of the first. The second one is a bit better and I've put it on some spongey 'feet' to allow more air under it and to further reduce the noise. It's just about passable now but you can still hear it a little when the TV is quiet. Maybe I'm fussy. I'll monitor the noise and make a decision in a few days whether swap it out in the hope that I get one of these 'silent' ones that some people say they have.

holty2503

Is the noise there straight away or has it got worse over time? mine seems ok at the minute.

M

mpadgett

Got mineinstalled this evening. Im astonished by how good the pics quality is in HD, however what i am really pleased with is the fact that most SD channels have improved dramatically in quality. well worth the money.

Also theiris little or no noise from the box, its certainly quiter than my old sky+ box and that was fairly quit.

cheers
Mick

londismintlaw

Standard Member
Hi,
Got my HD installed yesterday. WOW even SD looks better on te Pioneer. Only wierd bit is when switching from HD to non HD channels and vice versa a get a delay of some sort with a brief second og=f static on the screen befor i get the picture. Is this normal?

Sid

Spinstorm

That seems to be because the box is set to "automatic" on the picture settings, I have mine set to 1080i and I think that gives the best picture (despite only having a 720 line plasma).

The only problem with that is certain SD programming looks worse and has vertical bars on the sides of the screen - not all but some of them do! personally the best solution to this I think is to connect the HD box by scart and if you ever get a dodgy aspect ratio or picture swap to scart to watch it and it will be normal again (though obviously not in HD if you change to an HD channel!).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom