Got her concert tickets..but now i'm stuck cannot find any accomodation

martian1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My wife doesn't often complain about missing out on treats..well never compared to me.Anyway i managed to get tickets to the robbie williams gig at leeds on sept 9th for her but cannot for the life of me find overnight accomodation [spent all afternoon looking,phoning] near either roudhay park or leeds city centre.
Looks like i'll end up sticking them on fleebay.
Can anyone assist..any suggestions.Travelling by coach if room found.
cheers all:thumbsup:

try www.lastminute.com or google up some hotel booking websites, or find a hotel out of town and travel there and back

tried just about every hotel search engine available mariot to expensive :eek:
not looking good :(

Travelodge or Ibis are your best bet. Lastminute.com or expedia (can't remember which)tend to have deal on the Queens hotel. Check out B&Bs in Headingley or just outside city centre.

Crown Plaza might be too pricy but have a look, can't think of others off the top of my head.

Sleep at the train station?

Abu said:
:rotfl: or at the bus station.

Been there and done it. and at the airport, waiting for the 5.30am flight back home.

mjn said:
Sleep at the train station?

i tried doing that in newcastle once in november, strangely enough after seeing robbie play at the tube tv show.

to say it was ****ing freezing would be the understatement of the year. it was a saturday nite, we left the studio at midnite, and the station was closed till something like 8am cuz it was a sunday. we had to sit in an all nite cafe till chucking out time at about 5am and wander about the streets. we had to do a similar thing the night before in london at tfi friday, but we had someones car to sleep in, but that was still bloody freezing

if the weather is good then it's not so bad, i did it a couple of times after late nite shows in glasgow, one in summer and that was fine, a group of us hanging out in late nite cafes and early morning mcdonalds before the first train, and one in february where it was literally snowing and i had to wait in the bus station which got me back to edinburgh just in enough time to start work with no sleep at 9am

if you have a car you might be better driving up so you can sleep in the car afterwards or stop at a travellodge or something somewhere out of town, or see how much it would be to get a taxi to the travelodge after the show

Try Harehills Ave ( its in chappeltown approx 2 minites from round/park). They are fair few guest houses and they are quite safe.

Hare hills ave has a few guest houses too but i dont know their names.
You could try the local travel lodge but i am 100% they would of sold out. If you want to go further ( cost of taxi would be £15/20 + ) you could try the otley traVVEL IN.

There is also a hotel in headingley leeds i forgot the name its on headingley land. Try the guest houses there. again there are lots about 20/30 houses there mostly used for the cricket.

I just took a look at laterooms.com and there are lots of rooms available below £80/night in the area around leeds like Bradford and Shipley etc....Wouldn't give up on the tickets for that short distance....

Thanks everyone i will post back when i sort something out :thumbsup:

Well not driving to leeds, either bus or train.I have found a couple of places in wakefield but this could be a lot of hastle.Getting local bus to wakefeild [taxi expensive approx 14miles] after we arrive at leeds. Checking in then back to leeds on bus then from there to roundhay [buses put on hopefully]..this not to bad but i bet we have a nightmare trying to get back to room.Bet we would get back just in time to pick up case and head back to leeds for bus home :rotfl:
I have made loads of calls :lease: ..one nice chap smirked no chance here [b&b just ouside roundhay] you won't get a hotel in leeds never mind here :suicide:
Well knackered now..a good 8 hrs searching still nothing :mad:

Give Octopus Travel a shout - they might be able to hook something up for you.

They did me proud when I went to Montreal :)

I've got guaranteed room status 48 hour notice with Marriott and 72 Hours with Holiday Inn group...I called them to check, but they say they cannot honour it due to exceptional demand of a local event....

Really looks like you need to go further afield....Would Shipley be too far, only 15 minutes by train to the central station...And there is a hotel right next (well 5 minute walk) from the Shipley station.....

Thats very kind of u dejongi i will have another look l8tr..spending 2 much time on this pc..got jobs to do_Off to play monopoly with the family :rotfl: obviously cheating me :mad:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom