1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got DVE now how do I calibrate my Sanyo plv-z1?!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jookster, Feb 17, 2005.

1. jookster

jookster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi :hiya:

I have Digital Video Essentials and a Sanyo plv-z1 but am not sure how to calibrate it.

:lease: can anyone advise.

2. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whereabouts are you...?

3. jookster

jookster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I`m in London mate.

The contrast, brightness etc, stuff is pretty straightforward (although I haven`t used it yet), but how do you calibrate the white IRE stuff, red, green, blue balance etc!?!?

Cheers

4. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need to go into the service menu...and I wouldn't reccomend that if you don't know what you're doing...
    Do you find that your picture is very red...? You can adjust the red, green & blue in the picture menu. Just remember though, as a rule, you shouldn't really touch green, and, if you reduce red by say 3 notches, you should increase blue by the same amount.
    In reality, it's impossible to get it spot on without going into the service menu and having special kit to read the colour (colorfacts or ISF calibration kit...)

5. jookster

jookster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So what can I do family guy?

6. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The truthful answer is not a lot mate, I'm afraid. Colorfacts is a system that takes a photograph of your screen at different IRE's and tells you, via a laptop, to increase/decrease blue or red. But, as I said, the Z1 service menu is not a place for the faint hearted...I should know, I've got one and have been there :eek:

7. jookster

jookster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How did you get on then family guy?

8. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did OK...my PJ was suffering greatly from Red Push. I couldn't find the Z1 service menu settings anywhere on the net, but did manage to find the Z2 one's - which I thought would be similar. HOW WRONG CAN A MAN BE?? Still, I managed to adapt the Z1 menu settings to the Z2 one's and managed to tone down the red in all IRE's...but I did this by eye and I know they are not right. But, and this is the important bit, they look good to everyone else.

I also had a terrible time with vertical banding...once I had got rid of this completly, the picture looked 100% better, even before I had toyed with the colour settings...

I'm in Surrey...if you are close by, I'll come and have a look at it for you. I won't promise anything, and won't take any responsibility for :censored: your projector up :D
    I'm sure we can work something out. maybe even you could visit me and see what mine looks like to see if there is a vast difference...

9. jookster

jookster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I`ve noted the service menu settings done by a professional, and I`m going to try those. After all I will note my original settings so I can always put them back. I don`t seem to have any vertical banding..