Got dumped bloody hell it over powers ya life!

jonoefc71

Banned
Been with my girlfriend for 4 months. She was 18 I am 29. Things going really really well both so happy.

To get the point she goes to Rome for a week to a seminar with Tony Robbins. She is really in to that type of thing and all ways read self help books. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7iH5C3J-o0

Get home and doesn't seem as keen to see me and when i spoke to her she said she has decided she wants to travel lol !!! I was so shocked and hurt if I am honest.

Not like things have been bad and not to blow my own trumpet but I treated her so so well and as all ready mentioned we were so happy, plenty of love you texts up to 3 days before she was home.

My problem is it hurts big time ! 2 days in to it and its still over powering my mind!. How long does this mind torture last ? + any advice ?

Last edited:
Times a great healer mate.

I used to hate it when people said that to me when I used to get into your postion, but honestley it is.

My GF wants to go travelling when she has finished Uni... hope that don't come in the way of things LOL!

Go out for a few beers tonight, it's Friday! You will soon forget when @ 4am the only thing on your mind (and shirt) will be a kebab :D

thfccambs

Banned
She's 18, let her live her life a little, if she loves you she'll be back.

dan54

Novice Member
Cant offer any advice,but thanks for the comedy clip-made me chuckle.In fact I might go and swim the channel.

matttr6

She's 18, let her live her life a little, if she loves you she'll be back.
I'd agree with this. You're at different stages of your life. She wants to go out, live a little, travel. You probably want to settle down a bit.

I was in a similar situation a few years ago (I was 30, she was 18), and we split for similar reasons. Now with someone nearer my own age and we're currently looking at mortgages!:eek::eek::eek:

As has been said, time is a healer. Please try and avoid seeing, ringing, txting, facebooking, twittering etc her. It wont help

sniffer66

Distinguished Member
Slightly flippant I know but seeing as she just went Rome for a week to a seminar with Tony Robbins and she's into "self-help", you are probably well rid !

FZR400RRSP

Banned
I reckon any 29 year old (man or woman) who manages to keep an 18 year for any length of time needs to just smile, accept it and move on.
An 11 year age gap matters less as people get older, it's a gaping chasm at 18/29.:eek:

eric pisch

Novice Member
shes a kid, far to young to be in heavy relationships, needs to go out and experience life

be damn gratefull you got some 18 yo puntang and move on :D

CraigofScotland

Distinguished Member
THe age gap isnt a big deal to me, but her age is the big deal . . if she was 24 and you were 35 im sure it would be different.

At 18 your not sure what you want in life, you want to live life, party, travel etc . . im only 24 but how ive changed since I was 18 . . im honestly not the same guy.

If its meant to be, it will. But as someone said, block comms if she is serious, dont live in the past. Live life for the moment and dont look back.

EDIT: post pics now youve split :awesome:

Last edited:

kayzee

Definitely cut all contact if you wanna get over her! I'm just about to hit eight months since me and the girlfriend split. It killed me, because like you, things were absolutely perfect even 24hrs before I got dumped!

And I got dumped over text...

After nearly 18 months of going out :nono: what a coward. At least you have a reason I guess, I never did find out why I got dumped! Apart from, I was "****ing everything up" apparently...

Whatever that means :mad: I still think about her every day, but it's not so much that it hurts anymore, just that I'm still annoyed lol.

a) at her for treating me like ****... and b) that I'm still thinking about her all the time, argh!

thfccambs

Banned
I reckon any 29 year old (man or woman) who manages to keep an 18 year for any length of time needs to just smile, accept it and move on.
An 11 year age gap matters less as people get older, it's a gaping chasm at 18/29.:eek:
My other half was 19 me 30 when we got together, still happy now with an 8 & 9 year old 11 years later. She's of to pub tonight why i watch kids. :rotfl:

EDIT: post pics now youve split :awesome:
agree mate.

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
You know what...I also blame Time Team for a lot of the problems in my life.

jonoefc71

Banned
Guys when I met her I was so paranoid about her age! but getting to know her better I could see she was really mature. She didn't drink and liked to keep a positive life like my self. We met at Thai boxing and trained together as well as spend a straight 30 days together loved up before she went to Rome.

The age gap really wasn't a huge deal like people may think, but I do agree on a proper meaning relationship it probably does as she no doubt wants to live life, and I do want to settle down but never really forced that on her.

Last edited:

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
"Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."

Don't mooch about on it, it's still fresh but you'll get over it...keep yer pecker up!

CraigofScotland

Distinguished Member
take into account 4 months is not a long time. Im sure ive got a tea ring on my desk just now that ive got a longer relation ship with

im keeping this lighthearted, im not being mean :D

jonoefc71

Banned
I had a picture of us but they have all been deleted as well as well as facebook and all numbers. I suppose the only chance of getting her back is give her time to miss me, but then you are living in hope which slows the process down.

To just get some closure I messaged her yesterday on facebook just to say how shocked I was and that the fact she was madly in love with me last week only proves I was nothing more than a emotional crutch, and now that she feels on top of the world from this seminar I was not needed and simply tossed a way.

She messaged me back saying things arnt right at this time and she did want to meet me to talk things through. The thought of sitting there and hearing how great she felt and all that crap I just told her to leave me a lone and she had really hurt me and to go and live her life.

At least I feel I have walked a way with some pride, and hopefully cause some thought of "OMG I have lost him what is this first love pain I am feeling etc"

Last edited:

CraigofScotland

Distinguished Member
One last question . .

How does this very good looking AVF member go about aquiring an 18 year old.

I think one would look nice next to my Samsung TV.

inb4 importing from korea

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
One last question . .

How does this very good looking AVF member go about aquiring an 18 year old.

I think one would look nice next to my Samsung TV.

inb4 importing from korea
Thats easy, you need a Pioneer TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

Sky seals Studiocanal movie deal
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra smart phones
  • By Andy Bassett