Quantcast

got db500s working, scanned 28east but i noticed box has 13east and a sat xml file !!

gbmitie

just tinkering with a db500s, got it all set up easy enough and i even scanned in 28east, i now want to add a few more sats and thats where the trouble starts, how do i add them,where do i put them and then when added how do i access them, i am using a nabilosat darkstar 11 image which is enigma 1 based. i know i have a sat xml file in box and a list for 13 east but cant get at anything.

a few tips would be most helpful, i like the box but the features appear to be endless,

gbmitie

logiciel

A rather obvious question - what dish do you have?

kevkbuk

Distinguished Member
You add them in the same way you added 28E... though the exact setup will vary depending if you have a motorised setup or multiple LNBs through a diseqc switch.

You'll find this useful:
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=dm500 manual&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/download/dm500_s_c_t_manual.pdf&ei=OP_5Tpy5CM7U8QOJlpmtCQ&usg=AFQjCNF4oxAqTIWG1MXzrLQ1hcljBrSsxA

You'll also navigate them in the same way as what you have now... press the ok button to show the channel list then use the colour buttons to toggle between the different lists, all channels, providers, sats and bouquets.

thfccambs

Banned
Best bet would be down load an E1 channel list.

Easy to load also using DBE, ( dreambox edit )

kevkbuk

Distinguished Member
Best bet would be down load an E1 channel list.
I haven't dabbled with downloading other peoples bouquets as yet, I know they include the channel names and frequencies etc but do you still need to setup the sats temselves before hand?

thfccambs

Banned
I haven't dabbled with downloading other peoples bouquets as yet, I know they include the channel names and frequencies etc but do you still need to setup the sats temselves before hand?
Yes mate everythings there in order, i use and find best catseye. 78e to 58w

logiciel

You add them in the same way you added 28E... though the exact setup will vary depending if you have a motorised setup or multiple LNBs through a diseqc switch
And he asks "when added how do i access them", hence my question about the dish.;)

gbmitie

thanks all, i am going to have another go today on and off, its raining! i have a 1.1m motorised and get 42east to 30west, i use a spiderbox to move dish, its has a quad lnb, the black ultra. so one feed to db500s ie not to motor, i am learning the remote function as well, i now know i have set bo up for one sat but dont know how i set it so that i move from say 28 to 13 on spider how do i get 13e up on db500 and so on? i used dcc to set it all up over 2 years ago!! i have db edit as well, i am learning each day, it has so many features i am keen again!! i am trying to figure the colour buttons and it is connected with a lan cable.

and just now i must have pressed a few wrong buttons as it has gone into a loop!!

well have to reflash

gbmitie

Last edited:

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
.. i have a 1.1m motorised and get 43east to 32west,...

there are no sats at those positions ... have you typed them wrong or have you got something set wrong in the Spiderbox.. the nearest to those are 45e or 42e on the east side & 30w or 34.5w on the west side.

gbmitie

oops, i was just explaining the arc, so i watch sats from 42east to 30west, i have db500s in another room and experiementing.

gb-

Top Bottom