Got cash in hand and I'm about to spend....Help!

C

Claude

Hi everyone,

Firstly I like to say a general word about how great I think this web-site is and how fantastic I think it is when I see certain users go to lenghts to help others. Very touching, who said comunity was dead. :)

I have £1200 cash in my hand and am going to buy a projector and sreen in the next week.

My veiwing distance is 3.4 meters, the room will be dark but not pitch back. The source will be my pc wich has hydovision and can conect up with a DVi lead.

Bearing this in mind I plan to buy a 92" screen from DRH and the projector will be a TX100 (although I'm slightly unhappy about the 1000hour bulb life).

What do you think people. Given the DVi connection am I making the right move.

I'm so exited, just had a major leg operation and will not be very mobile for the next 5 months. I plan to get completely drunk on movie watching.

Claude said:
the projector will be a TX100 (although I'm slightly unhappy about the 1000hour bulb life).

What do you think people. Given the DVi connection am I making the right move.

I'm so exited, just had a major leg operation and will not be very mobile for the next 5 months. I plan to get completely drunk on movie watching.

I would wait and buy the new Panasonic ae700. Looks like the dog's b ollo x :devil:

1000 hour life for tx100 bulb???????? :nono: got to be more than that :lease:

I would wait for the pannny ae700 it looks the business. at the same price as the current crop of lcds

When I was researching the tx100 I found one review that quoted the lamp life as 1000 hours, but I don't know where they got this number from. The manual says that it'll shut off after 2000 hours, so this means that they expect the lamps to last at least that long without exploding :eek:

Thanks for the replies.

I phoned the Hitachi technical dept. and they quoted 1000 hours.

Pro rata it works out right ie £150/1000hours = 15p an hour, as with many other projectors £300/2000hours= 15 per hour

I do agree though there is some real mixed up information around about this stat.

As for waiting for the ae700 it could be at least couple of months and the price ive seen is still £300 above the tx100, out of my budget.

Talk to me...

Claude said:
As for waiting for the ae700 it could be at least couple of months and the price ive seen is still £300 above the tx100, out of my budget.

£300 is a small price to pay for the potential of greatly enhanced pictures: 2000:1 contrast against the tx100's maximum of 1200:1
1000 Ansi lumens against a maximum of 1200 from the tx100.

The Panasonic is the winner IMO. It would £300 extra well spent.

I agree £300 is nothing when the ae700 looks so good. at the price you get 1280x720 native widescreen and a 2000:1 CR. Them two stats have never been seen before on a projector that isnt over 4k.

Gorshin said:
£300 is a small price to pay for the potential of greatly enhanced pictures: 2000:1 contrast against the tx100's maximum of 1200:1
1000 Ansi lumens against a maximum of 1200 from the tx100.

The Panasonic is the winner IMO. It would £300 extra well spent.

The Hitachi is a well reviewed projector, the ae700 is just a spec sheet at the moment (Shameless rip-off of someone elses comment from avs)

But seriously, there will always be someting better on the horizon. If you wait 2 or 3 months to buy the ae700, we'll probably be hearing rumours about the Sanyo Z3 or Sony HS50 by then which will doubtless be better still....

I'm not reading anything into manufacturers claims on CR etc. I'll wait until I've seen some independent review of overall PQ and/or seen demos with my own eyes.

Thanks for your opinions but i'm a little confused. The TX100 resolution is 1280x720 and the lum output is 1200 not 1000, again same as Pan. O.k better contrast ratio.

DR. Mike,

Thanks for your input. I think what your saying is wise , at the end of the day you can't keep waiting and a budget is a budget is a budget. I no have another £300.

I do appreciate the feedback from all none the less.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom