Got any embarassing CDs?

S

shadowritten

Really? Not one? Bet you're lying.

Been though my collection today and discovered some horrors. Which, to make matters worse, I actually LIKE!!

You know you've got some, too. So how about we post our top 5 most embarassing (but liked) discs here?

Mine are:

1) Timeless - Sarah Brightman

2) Chariots Of Fire (OST) - Vangelis

3) Glitter - Mariah Carey

4) More Than You Know (The Best Of ...) - Martika

5) The Living Years - Mike & The Mechanics

Really embarrassed to admit this, but somehow (and I don't really know how!!), a Billy Ray Cyrus CD single made it into my CD collection.

Don't think I ever listened to it, and it is currently stuffed under a CD rack to straighten it up, so perhaps I shouldn't count it !!

Why are they embarrassing though?
If you like the music to begin with, to hell with what other people think. Be proud of what you like, thats what makes you the person that you are.
So what if your not out there buying the latest fad record, it just goes to prove that you have your own tastes :smashin:

I like some stuff by

Chicago
Robert Palmer.
Michael bolton
Phil Colins.
Bervely Craven.

And loads of other stuff that a lot of people have not even heard of or remember. I have a great deal of sound tracks that take pride of place in my CD collection. I am not embarrassed by any of them.
Let us go forward together and celebrate the diversity of our individual musical ideas, and together, we can make the world, a better place. :D ;) :thumbsup:

I thank you :clap:

I've got not one, but two Shania Twain albums :eek: One is the 'respected' Come on Over but even worse is the universally panned Up! :zonked: I don't know why I want to listen to all that feminist man-bashing but sometimes I just do :suicide:

I'm big on the eighties and alongside stuff like U2, Dire Straites etc, I've got a couple of humdingers that I'll only listen to with headphones-

Hue and Cry compilation
Thomson Twins (here's to future days, and best of album)
Toto
Thomas Dolby (compilation)
Matt Bianco (first album)
Bucks Fizz - are you ready (definitley a case for headphones!)

top three singles are -
Beverley Craven - woman to woman
The Firm - Star Trekkin (winces in embarrasment)
The Avengers - Kinky Boots (as above)

Oh man! Bucks Fizz 'Are You Ready'!! I had that on LP once. 'Love Dies Hard' is a great track!

Mmmm ... time for my medication ...

Great track indeed Shadowritten, but don't tell everybody or you'll be laughed out of existence!

Dave-S said:
Why are they embarrassing though?
If you like the music to begin with, to hell with what other people think. Be proud of what you like, thats what makes you the person that you are.
So what if your not out there buying the latest fad record, it just goes to prove that you have your own tastes :smashin:

I like some stuff by

Chicago
Robert Palmer.
Michael bolton
Phil Colins.
Bervely Craven.

And loads of other stuff that a lot of people have not even heard of or remember. I have a great deal of sound tracks that take pride of place in my CD collection. I am not embarrassed by any of them.
Let us go forward together and celebrate the diversity of our individual musical ideas, and together, we can make the world, a better place. :D ;) :thumbsup:

I thank you :clap:
Hooray for common sense Dave. I have some really dire stuff within my CD's and I go real cold when people ask if they can browse through. I hope they don't notice but they usually find them. However why should I care, I bought them because for whatever reason at the time I wanted to. But I'm not saying what they are here, I'm just admitting I have some howlers.

Idoexist said:
Hooray for common sense Dave. I have some really dire stuff within my CD's and I go real cold when people ask if they can browse through. I hope they don't notice but they usually find them. However why should I care, I bought them because for whatever reason at the time I wanted to. But I'm not saying what they are here, I'm just admitting I have some howlers.

But I guess that also depends on the size of your collection too though huh, I think I have over 2000 cds so finding the stinkers is difficult but they are there, I think mine must be the unplayed Danni Minogue album I bought purely for the poster which just proves the theory that the all marketing does work :clap: :clap:

Regards

Gary

Daisy Chainsaw - For they know what they do..

I liked the name, I regretted the album so much I glued it to my ceiling fan. :thumbsup:

shadowritten said:
Oh man! Bucks Fizz 'Are You Ready'!! I had that on LP once. 'Love Dies Hard' is a great track!

Mmmm ... time for my medication ...

I have got that album on CD Remastered & it's fantastic.
Thare are some brilliant tracks on that album. It's well produced and the remaster sounds Fab.

An embarassing album - Never.

Another Night and Land Of Make Believe, are the 2 stand out tracks for me.

Go Buy.

2 Unlimited - No Limits (album). Just shows you how much a pair of maracas has on young impressionable lad eh? :)

motr said:
2 Unlimited - No Limits (album). Just shows you how much a pair of maracas has on young impressionable lad eh? :)

She was fit, wasn't she :devil:

Dollar (anyone remember Mirror Mirror?)
Boy Meets Girl (Waiting For A Star To Fall was recently bastardised - I mean remixed - by some techno dance band)
Shaggy - O Carolina

I think that's quite enough...

Europe - The Final Countdown CD, and it was:suicide:

Hmm, got three or four CD singles that I wouldn't let out in public, top of the list has to be PJ & Duncan (aka Ant & Dec) with 'Tonight I'm Free'. Presumably on other nights they have to be paid for :rotfl:

Bought in my teen years when I was a fan of Byker Grove :blush:

A 4cd boxed set of `synthesizer hits`-not original tracks,just synth versions which was so appalling I gave it to a charity shop about 3 years ago.Still there as far as I know

Got to be 'Handy Andy - If I had a hammer' don't know how i got it, but its cringe worthy stuff..

Got a Cliff Richard CD single that I don't like to mention too often.:eek:

Take That - Babe
Spice Girls - 2 Become One
Bewitched - Blame It On the Weatherman

Albeit out of sight but I do secretly like them :blush:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom