got an iphone but need help

jaybro187

i finally took the plunge and got an iphone today, a few questions though.

iam not going to jailbreak it or whatever but is they an option to have say a mp3 as a ringtone? other than those that are on the phone? and also my contacts are all messed up from my sony ericson is they a prog or a way to edit them without doing it on the iphone one by one?

thanks jay

jaybro187

brill cheers ill give it a go, just the contacts now

oh, p.s in itunes is they any way of gettin album art on music albums when itunes itself cant find it?

chelsea.tone

Distinguished Member
brill cheers ill give it a go, just the contacts now

oh, p.s in itunes is they any way of gettin album art on music albums when itunes itself cant find it?

I go to HMV and copy the album art then paste in Album info on itunes :smashin: works a treat :rotfl:

Tony

TerryUK

Yes you can add your own ringtones.

Im not sure what you mean by the other question but if you buy mobileme you can edit your contacts on the computer. Its around £40 a year i think.

EDIT:

Yea, go to a popular music site, i use Amazon. Just download the album art and apply it to the album ! Simple!

TerryUK

Do you have Outlook? I think you can sync your contacts with it, not sure about other e-mail clients though.

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Outlook is a program on Windows, nothing to do with the phone pal. You'll have it if you have Windows Office installed on your computer. Even if you don't you will still have Windows Address Book, which is what I sync my iPhone with.

Open iTunes and it's under one of the tabs there (sorry, I don't have iTunes on this laptop to show you a screen pic) You can select Windows Address Book to sync the phone with. Once you've synced your contacts, open Windows Address Book up and you can edit all the details - name, numbers, multiple numbers, email addresses, personal information etc. Then sync back with iTunes again and you are sorted.

I wouldn't bother paying for MobileMe (service from Apple) unless you sync a lot of information with networked computers, such as corporate/work email, calendar and contacts, and need updating of new calendar appointments, contact details etc over the air without being near a computer - and working on what and how you've written what you have, I would suggest you don't need this.... ;)

Pug72

I came from N95 to iPhone.

I first sync'd my N95 with Windows Contacts (Vista) using Nokia PC Suite, then sync'd the iPhone with Windows Contacts.

Worked superbly, even took across contact photos.

Regarding ringtones, Audiko has been mentioned a few times here and is a great place to get ringtones of your fave tracks.
I was surprised to even find some from my fave metal bands so you should find what you want there.

jaybro187

im lovin that site pug how simple just searched a few stuff, anything is better than the ones that are on, i bet you cant do the same with msg txt can you?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom