Got a tech problem with my LGCX...is this even a problem?

LGCXfan

Standard Member
I have a 65inch LGCX TV that I use as a PC monitor. I booted up my PC this morning to get some school work done(because I use my PC for both gaming and engineering school) and I have a setting on my start bar(or task bar, whatever it's called...it's the bar on the bottom of the screen with the start button lol). The setting is that I have that bar dissapear when I'm not using it.

Anyway, when I brought my mouse down to the start bar to click on my brave icon so I can login to my school, I noticed that my screen is only showing half of the task bar. For those who own an LGCX you know that it's normal for these OLED screens to have around a 1/2 inch gap from the very edge of the glass screen to where the edge of the picture actually starts. But it looks like the bottom edge got bigger this morning. I looked in my NVIDIA settings and none of my display settings have changed, so I ruled out that it's a PC problem. I also switched to the build in operating system of the TV because it's also a smart TV and it's the same thing for the TV's OS.

This TV has probably done this before but I most likely didn't notice this until now.

Anybody have any idea what's going on with my LGCX? Why can I only see half of my start bar now?
Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about. I keep the wallpaper black and the icons hidden until I need to use them to avoid burn in which is why this image is mostly black except for the half of a start bar at the bottom:
TVWTF

Also note, that since this isn't a PC problem but a TV problem, when I hit printscreen and pasted the screenshot into paint, it showed the entire start bar, so I altered the image in such a way so you can see what I see on my TV.

Thanks for any info ya'all can give on this issue.

LGCXfan

Standard Member
Got an additional question to ask, thanks to another forum I posted this issue at: Am this just a matter of me noticing the 'screen shift' feature that the LGCX comes with to fight against burn in? If that's what is going on here, am I correct to assume that in a few days I'll likely randomly see my whole start bar again?

mikej

I thought the screen shift / pixel orbiter option only moved the picture by a few pixels ? Turning it off should reveal if it is the cause if that's possible on an LG (it is on a Panasonic).

Have you tried changing the TV's aspect ratio and made sure it isn't zoomed in ? 'Overscan' is another setting that can zoom in on the picture slightly, although I think this is normally only an option when viewing the TV's tuner. Worth checking though, just in case.

Last edited:

LGCXfan

Standard Member
I thought the screen shift / pixel orbiter option only moved the picture by a few pixels ? Turning it off should reveal if it is the cause if that's possible on an LG (it is on a Panasonic).

Have you tried changing the TV's aspect ratio and made sure it isn't zoomed in ? 'Overscan' can zoom in on the picture slightly, although I think this is normally only an option when viewing the TV's tuner. Worth checking though, just in case.
Wow, thank you! I found my aspect ratio settings and figured out that there is a "just scan" setting where I can chose either on, off, or auto. The setting was on off. I switched it to auto and exited out of the settings menu and the problem is solved. I can see my whole task bar now! WOOT.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom