1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got a small problem with the Kef 2005.5 speakers can anyone help please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by tony kop77, Nov 7, 2004.

1. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    I have had the speakers for nearly a year and when I bought them after mounting them to the wall with the wall brackets they came with I turned the speakers and positioned them to how I wanted them.
    Now most of the speakers just drop facing downwards there does not appear any tightness to hold them in the listening position I want to have them in and they seem to be getting looser and facing even more downwards and everytime I position them higher they just drop again :(

I have tightened the back and they are quite well mounted to the wall so dont know why there is not tightness in the speakers to make them stay in the position I want them to. Can anyone help me please.

2. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    I had this problem when i bought the speakers last year myself, i would suggest selling them and getting some MA Radius speakers :smashin:

On a more serious note, take the speakers off the wall and tighten the bolt on the backplate of the speaker wallmounts with the allen key provided with the package. If your still having droopey speaker problems completely take off the backplate and place something onto the balljoint on the speaker like a small piece of bluetack for example, re-tighten the backplate and all should be nice and stiff

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

3. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Thanks for your help only just read the advice. I positioned the speakers as high they would go then turned it left and right to get it screwed back in and seems to have worked. I will have to do this untill Friday or weekend then I can follow your advice and should be tighter for a longer period of time.
    Only bad thing I was turning the centre speaker left and right and scratched the back plate a little bit, well a few scratches but you can't see it because it is on the plate behind the speaker.

My set up is in my bedroom well spare bedroom, I have turned it into an entertainment room which has single bed and single wardrobe along with the rest of my home cinema kit. I was wandering how the Kef 2005.5 speakers shape up in todays market. I bought them nearly a year ago and they cost me £700, are th speakers along with a denon 2803 amp still an ok set up?

4. wookie

wookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your KEF's droop on the wall bracket, simply rotate the base through 180 degrees and slot them back on the wall.

The little shoulder on the front of the foot stops the speaker dropping any lower than 80 something degrees.

Early "eggs" didn't have the two way key hole slots, so modification will be in order if this is a problem.

HTH's

Attached Files: