Got a loan, now they dont want the money back!

Ickle Yoda1

A few months ago I bought a macbook through Apple direct and set up a monthly payment plan through MBNA. Anyway just checked and they have not been taking any payments for the past 3 months for the mac!

I am going to give thema call tomorrow but is there anything I should be aware off, i.e. extra charges or anything for what was their mistake?

P

ProjectorDreams

A few months ago I bought a macbook through Apple direct and set up a monthly payment plan through MBNA. Anyway just checked and they have not been taking any payments for the past 3 months for the mac!

I am going to give them a call tomorrow but is there anything I should be aware off, i.e. extra charges or anything for what was their mistake?

I would leave a bit longer you may have slipped through the net other wise it is there responsibility to take payment of you

Pat_C

Remember that us Mac users are expected to set the moral tone and lead by example :)

Kwman

They'll probably try and take all the payments owed all at once, unless you can come to some sort of agreement. I haven't come across any fees or extra charges when its happened to me.

SimonSays

Not quite the same, but a while back I paid a cheque into my bank account for £6000 and it was creditted twice. It took them over 6 months to notice despite me moving the extra money to another account!
Anyway eventually I got a letter saying that they would be debitting the amount on a certain date and could I make sure sufficient funds were available. Just as well I hadn't actually spent it - just earned a little interest!
So, I'd just let them know about their mistake.

Cheers,
Simon.

TheBigApple

When I made a purchase from the Apple store I had to make 2 revisits one to re-write the paperwork because the pen the assistant gave me hadn't didn't work with the carbon copy. The second because my identification details didn't scan correctly.

The assistant did say on the second occasion that he was suprised that I came back as many don't bother. When I stated that I didn't think it was worth the hassle of being caught up with eventually he claimed that loads of people end up with free macs this way and it is just accepted.

Anyway, Ickle Yoda 1, is it possible to check your bank account to see if the direct debit was set up?

If it has not been then depending on your conscience you can join the club of many (apparantly) who manage to slip through the net each year.

avinitski

I would not take a couple of posters advice and ignore it, just because for what ever reason payment hasn't been taken doesn't mean its free, sooner or later it will come back and get you. Its not only their responsibility to take payment it is your responsibility to also make payments, after all you have entered into a legally binding contract.

Simply leaving it months on end then when they realise they ain't gonna say 'oh we havnt been asking for payments lets just forget it, its been ages now'.

Drd

Yes,I have to agree,contact them and arrange repayment.I must admit I find it shocking how dishonest we are becoming.I try to treat people as I would like them to treat me.One day I may make a mistake and someone will assume I'm the idiot who doesn't need paying,perhaps my own honesty may help prevent it.Naive?Perhaps,but it's got to be worth a try!

Ickle Yoda1

Thanks for all the posts people :)

Anyway the story continues...I rang MBNA who I signed up the payment plan with. They checked my account and said everything on it was fine. The woman then said that the reason I haven't been charged is because MBNA have not recieved the confirmation from Apple that my mac has been sent out . They have not recieved the bill from Apple themselves yet. They are telling me that once they get this from Apple they will pay them and then the payments will start being taken from my account 1 month following their payment.

Guess I will just wait and see, but the woman at MBNA said I could phone Apple to chase it up, I can't see me getting it for free but maybe it just takes apple a while to bill MBNA?

J

jackal

Believe me if you do a little research on MBNA you will not like what you see.

They are without doubt the most irresponsible lenders in the UK. They give huge credit limits to people who simply should not be given credit at all.

They never let a penny go unpaid - so expect your bill shortly.

Pat_C

They are without doubt the most irresponsible lenders in the UK. They give huge credit limits to people who simply should not be given credit at all.
They have certainly filled my bin with more credit card offers than anyone else has.

wormvortex

They never let a penny go unpaid - so expect your bill shortly.

Just like Natwest, it's shocking the people I know who they've lent money to given the state their accounts are constantly in.

KoThreads

They have certainly filled my bin with more credit card offers than anyone else has.
Me as well, I have more cards than i like to admit but I must get 3 or 4 a week from them. I already have a card issued by them with a huge limit that i would have no hope of ever paying back if i used it.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom