• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Got a Domke F1X bag

Tobers

Prominent Member
I was getting a bit annoyed with my Crumpler 490 Daily. For my needs, it was too deep with not enough space for all my lenses. I often found I was leaving one lens behind and wishing I had it with me. It's a cool looking efficient bag but just not for me.

So, I bought a Domke F1X canvas bag. It's black though I did fancy a sand-coloured one. Common sense cut in though as I realised a sand-coloured one would soon be filthy.

The Domke is longer and shallower so can fit more stuff in without piling one lens on top of another. Also it has a plethora of pockets for stuffing things into so I feel it is more flexible.

And I got £20 off from Park Cameras whilst I was at it.

Talking about Park Cameras - they've got a new store in Burgess Hill and it's really a place to avoid. It has every lens available including numerous that I haven't even seen before - truly a sight to behold. Then there's the accessories - they have everything and more there. Interestingly, the Nikon display was rather more impressive than the Canon one, though both have monster lenses available to try - just screw your body on and take some shots. There was a stunningly cool Nikon 200 f/1.4 which I think would be most amazing, as well as a Canon 500 f/4 which was glorious in its whiteness.

Anyway, enough nonsense. Park Cameras. Go there. Buy stuff.

D

danburbridge

Is the F1X the "little bit bigger" one?

I have an F8 - but find it a little small sometimes - though I think the F1X maybe a bit big - might see if I can pick up an old battered F2.

Oh -btw the metal clips are really stiff to start with but after a couple of months get easier to use - I can now undo them with one hand when the bag is even swung round behind me - great for stealth camera removal :)

Tobers

Prominent Member
It's actually not that big. Compared to my Crumpler 490 it's longer, but not as tall. Also, it is much more flexible (literally too!) due to the plethora of pockets it has everywhere. As a result, I can put more stuff in it and use the space more efficiently.

Here's a crummy pic...showing a 1D with 24-105, a 50 1.4, 17-40, 580 EXII flash, Lee filter set, 1.4x extender, remote flash goodies, remote shutter firing goodies, memory card wallet, waterproof camera cover, instruction manual for the camera and the flash, sundry cables & cloths, and most amazingly my 100-300 Sigma is in there too lying horizontally in the back pocket. Room to spare too!

390903401_vVdVj-M.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom