1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got a 42Pv500e!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Netherdude, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Netherdude

Netherdude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After 4 months of research I bought a Panasonic 42PV500. The choice was far from easy. It was a close contest between the 42Pv500, the Pioneer 435 and the Hitachi 7200.

I saw all three of these at a store and the Panasonic was the one with the sharpest picture and the best blacks. I did like the Hitachi's and the Pioneer's design better, but it all comes down to picture quality in the end.

Like I said, the difference was minimal, I think all three of these models are very good. Everyone with their strengths and weaknesses.

The Panasonic is very easy to set up, I got it setup very quickly.
    I am very happy with this purchase and I don't have any of the known issues, like buzzing, line in the middle or anything else!

:clap:

2. tscotsman

tscotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Couldnt agree more, ultimately the PQ comes first before styling and lets face it the PV500 is not the ugliest TV Ive ever seen, actually some would consider it to be quite nice, I know all my friends think Ive made the right choice.

3. Jim_Fear

Jim_Fear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Where did you get it from?

4. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,596
    It looks better on the stand than on the wall- but I have a soft spot for it :D

5. Netherdude

Netherdude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got it from www.plattetv.nl, a dutch (web)shop. Paid 2950 euro's, but with a wall mount and composite cables.